The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh no!

Had to haul a cow to the vet's the other day for a C-section (saved the cow and the calf). :)

Goose-neck trailer loaded with that cow at 80 mph for 50 miles. Darned fuel mileage dropped clear down to 15.9. :usflag

Allan

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,

Gotta love that shallow rear end and the 6-speed.

Another thing I like is that huge fuel tank. Thing seems to run forever on a tankful of fuel.

Had to dump in the exhaust fluid yesterday tho; warning came on at 5700 miles. 'Course, I tow the snot out of 'er, so 'spose it uses a lot of that juice..........

Allan

·
43 Posts
Oh no!

Had to haul a cow to the vet's the other day for a C-section (saved the cow and the calf). :)

Goose-neck trailer loaded with that cow at 80 mph for 50 miles. Darned fuel mileage dropped clear down to 15.9. :usflag

Allan
======================================

I hope I do this well when I start pulling my RV Trailer Mid April.. At slower speed it would have been even better by far I'm sure..:usflag

·
122 Posts
Oh no!

Allan
Lucky you. I'm barely see 15 when driving on the highway at that speed without a load.

·
42 Posts
Lucky you. I'm barely see 15 when driving on the highway at that speed without a load.
No kidding. My truck has been losing mileage since the first time I checked it by hand at 3000 miles. Now has 21000 miles and mileage is at 15 running 65 on cruise with no load or tow. I am totally bumming. I bought the truck thinking it would be able to get at least 18 on the highway at 65 to 70.

Any ideas why the truck is steadily losing mileage? I have the 3.31 ratio axles, 285/70/17 tires (stock were 265/70/17) and a ranch hand bumper replacement on front weighs 289. Otherwise bone stock. Mileage just keeps dropping. Any ideas on what to check? Map sensor?

·
2,126 Posts
No kidding. My truck has been losing mileage since the first time I checked it by hand at 3000 miles. Now has 21000 miles and mileage is at 15 running 65 on cruise with no load or tow. I am totally bumming. I bought the truck thinking it would be able to get at least 18 on the highway at 65 to 70.

Any ideas why the truck is steadily losing mileage? I have the 3.31 ratio axles, 285/70/17 tires (stock were 265/70/17) and a ranch hand bumper replacement on front weighs 289. Otherwise bone stock. Mileage just keeps dropping. Any ideas on what to check? Map sensor?
More than likely its the dpf getting older and it having to regenerate more.

·
10 Posts
Did you have your speedo/odo adjusted for the new tire size? If not that could explain why your mileage has dropped. With those taller tires you are actually going farther than your odometer is telling you which will lower your calculated mpg.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Did you remove that lower air dam when you changed the front bumper? If so, that's where your 3-mpg went. That silly thing is crucial.

Allan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts