The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck in a 2010 and my fuel mileage sucks i am only geting 8.50 or 9 just doing reg driveing and like 7 and 6 pulling what can i do to get better mileage

·
606 Posts
Keeping the boost low when taking off from a stop helps allot. Keeping your rpm below 2000, speed, will help. You are below the average on mileage.

·
14 Posts
This valentine special is awesome but I’m a little disappointed that there isn’t a dpf/cat delete option rather than just the dpf delete. I just don’t have the funds to go the whole route as the other packages offer, not to mention I don’t want to change out the entire exhaust system anyway. Sigh…..just have to keep looking I suppose.

·
393 Posts
my truck in a 2010 and my fuel mileage sucks i am only geting 8.50 or 9 just doing reg driveing and like 7 and 6 pulling what can i do to get better mileage
In stock form, my 2008 King Ranch F350 with 4.10 rear axle would only get 9.5 mpg in city, 12 mpg on highway at 70 mph and around 9 mpg on the highway with my Artic Fox in-bed truck camper (4,000 pounds and pretty high above the cab).

The only way to get better fuel economy in these trucks is to get rid of the emissions stuff, period!

After deleting the DPF/CAT and running the Spartan 250 HP tune, I saw the following improvements:

City = 11 mpg
Highway = 15.5 mpg @ 70 mph
Highway w/camper = 11 mpg @ 70 mph

I don't know how many miles you have on your truck but my experience, based on ownership of 4 Super Duties with the 6.4 has been that the fuel mileage starts improving at about 15,000 miles.

One observation on your truck (as shown in your Avatar) is the aftermarket tires & wheels. If they are causing your truck to set up higher than stock and/or if they have a wider contact patch (more rolling resistance), they may be costing you a mile or two per gallon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts