The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FRANKEN STROKE
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a system that pumps in the rear ports under the turbo (the eighth inche ones) and comes out the same in the front. Is there any advantage to changing to the drain ports on the heads, instead of the small ones. If it is better were do I find the Fittings, or what type of threads are needed! THANKS!:shrug:

P.S. 5/8 line to the pump, 1/2 to the y, 2 1/4s to the heads, 2 1/4s to the regulator, 3/8s return. 55psi at idle boost regulated, NO FILTER OR PUMP ON THIS 96 ENGINE!!!!!!!! All on the frame.

·
2,106 Posts
I am a pretty dang fast injector changer too... Probably harder to do on mine too...

I don't have any advice for ya, thought I would throw that in just for laughs. I was dealing with what a retarded dealership mechanic told me was an injector problem and was not. Did like six swaps on number 3 and two.

·
120 Posts
In my case with a 4" downpipe, I doubt I would have enough room for a fitting on the passenger side to come out the drain port. OBS may be different. I'm still finishing up my fuel system but I'm running 3/8 line throughout.

Tim

·
FRANKEN STROKE
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I had to replace some bolts on mine because i had them in and out to many times. Just come to the next smokin and well have a change off just for fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts