The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 dmax with 55k on it. Now that temps are dropping the truck starts and dies in the morning, then starts back ups and runs fine. Did a fuel pressure check this morning and was about 10 below GM spec at idle. My questions are which aftermarket fuel system should I go with? Does this truck have two fuel pumps? And is there fuel system that comes with a fuels standpipe for in the tank?

Planning on a PPE pretty soon.

Thanks in advance.
Logan

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
First make sure you change your filter and put a new one on mine had the same troubles and it was a bad filter... The truck only have one fuel pump \injection pump. it is on the engine its self and sucks the fuel from the tank all the way through the filter and into the pump. Alot of guys put a lift pump in back by the tank to push the fuel up to the filter and to the front pump. You dont need alot of pressure in a lift pump but you do need volume. Kennedy has lift pumps that are quiet and nice for the trucks also their are a few different others to help assist the fuel up to the front injection pump. Also Kennedy has an edit on his site for the fuel pickup in the tank . I think he sells it in a kit.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Alot of people like the FASS pumps. Too expensive for me though.

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
He is right. The fass system are a great system and they do a great job :Thumbup: but are to high dollar for me. if you have it spend it. :woot:

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
hey stacked did you ever find those dyno sheets??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.