The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at the Glow Shift gauges in white and obviously I am getting the Pyrometer and Boost gauge but was wondering if the Fuel Pressure gauge was the correct one for my truck. Im in the process of upgrading to a Smarty, MP-8, Fass, Southbend, and DDP Injectors and need advice to see if this is the correct FP gauge. Thanks

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I don't know all that much about guages, but I will warn you with those mods you better be doing something fuel wise to hep out your cp3, the fass won't cut it for much longer I don't think, sorry I oculdn't help more

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what would be the next fuel upgrade? Im not new to the Diesel thing but i dont know a whole lot yet. When i go down to the local diesel mechanic, all he wants me to do is spend spend spend and not help me out any on what mod i should do next. Any help would very appreciated.

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
JD5.9L said:
Well what would be the next fuel upgrade? Im not new to the Diesel thing but i dont know a whole lot yet. When i go down to the local diesel mechanic, all he wants me to do is spend spend spend and not help me out any on what mod i should do next. Any help would very appreciated.
the question is how big of injectors are you putting in? IMHO anything over 50 hp needs a modded CP3

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Such as a BD Lift pump kit? As far as the gauge, anyone ever heard of using an isolator so that diesel doesnt come inside the cab?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
no, no lift pump, what you need is a hot rod cp3, otherwise you will drain the rail to a bad extent, look at industrial injection.com and there are others, you're looking to replace the whole unit, the stocker just won't keep up

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha!!!! Im looking at them now. Just dont know whether the modified, stage III, or Super is what i need.

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
90 Hp Injectors. In the future i am planning on Twins but i dont Sled or Drag. Would the modded be ok with Twins?

·
Registered
699 Posts
im running the 90 hp injectors, mp-8, smarty, and i still have over 20KPSI at WOT. i just have the DIY CP3 mod.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I don't know, I wouldn't do the DIY, I've heard of quite a few people who do it wrong and mess the pump up, IMO you're better off investing in a full aftermarket pump

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah im going to go ahead and get the Mod. CP3 from Industrial. Thanks for the help guys

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
cummins2jz said:
Are you guys are still running the FASS with the modded cp3?
GO with a Glacier Pump!!!

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whys the Glacier so good? Just asking because im up for all kinda options

1 - 16 of 16 Posts