The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's 98.5 truck had the injection pump go out on him. $2500 later, new pump installed and he put in gauges. Taking off from a stop his pressure will fall below 6-7 psi. From what we've read it sounds like his lift pump is shot.

My question is this. Stock replacement pump is about $200-$250. He is looking for alternative (cheaper/improved) sources to replace the LP.

Will the "black holley" fuel pump work for him? From my research, all he needs is a 14-16psi @ 100gph pump correct? These holley pumps through jegs are $120, alot better than $250.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
1,189 Posts

·
113 Posts
As for a Holley black it should work. You might have to use a regulator. I know a lot of people are running holley blues...

As long as you can hold pressure above 10 PSI at WOT you good to go!

FASS is not required for <450-500 HP trucks...

fass is kind of a over kill for light modified truck or stock but thing is with holley or carter pumps they can fail then you have to buy a new one. with a fass you get 6 year warranty no need for regulator plus u have the option of getting a 2 micron filter which is alot better then a 10 or 7. spend the money and get something that will last and u dont have worry about. dont be cheap now i could coast u another pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts