The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original KW electric fuel pressure gauge (K152-326) it is in kpa not psi, and I need to know what the part number is for the sending unit, my truck (1988 W900) did not come with this gauge so VIN and dealership is no help.

I found these gauges on the interweb and thought they were mechanical, my bad, I have destroyed original fuel pressure gauges and oil pressure gauges even with a snubber, gonna try to use the electric one since it was my fault for not paying attention to the ad, just need to get the correct sender.

Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated, Thanks.

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Real hard to find it seems. Use a reostat (old fuel level gauge) or a couple diodes and see what the resistance or load voltage is to make it acurate. 12V the hot side and vary ground with an Ohm meter on it, or ground it and vary the input, usually .5volts to 4.5 volts but check to make sure. Then buy the appropriate sender from VDO in 1/8"P.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real hard to find it seems. Use a reostat (old fuel level gauge) or a couple diodes and see what the resistance or load voltage is to make it acurate. 12V the hot side and vary ground with an Ohm meter on it, or ground it and vary the input, usually .5volts to 4.5 volts but check to make sure. Then buy the appropriate sender from VDO in 1/8"P.
Thanks, if I can't come up with one I will do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts