The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. 16.5psi at idle, and around 12 at WOT, thats whare its supposed to be, right? Last night i put on my fuel pressure guage, big line kit, and holly black pump, and that is the pressure Im getting. The truck feels very strong after bypassing the stock lift pump, which I think was failing anyway!

3 showers later and I still smell like diesel....must be what pulls all the chickiees.

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
JeffyBuilt said:
Hey guys, quick question. 16.5psi at idle, and around 12 at WOT, thats whare its supposed to be, right? Last night i put on my fuel pressure guage, big line kit, and holly black pump, and that is the pressure Im getting. The truck feels very strong after bypassing the stock lift pump, which I think was failing anyway!

3 showers later and I still smell like diesel....must be what pulls all the chickiees.
yea well you know what they say about diesel cologne: "70 percent of the time, it works every time"

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
JeffyBuilt said:
:hehe You know that. Seriously though 7psi is the minimum from what i have read that you want the VP44 to see. If it drops below 10psi i would be getting another pump. I hope you have good luck with the holley pumps. Cause i am on my second one and it is acting up too.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
91rangerturbo said:
:hehe You know that. Seriously though 7psi is the minimum from what i have read that you want the VP44 to see. If it drops below 10psi i would be getting another pump. I hope you have good luck with the holley pumps. Cause i am on my second one and it is acting up too.
I lost my first VP44 at 50K miles with 8-9 PSI of fuel pressure... :poke:

Also if you do the fuel pump diagnostics you'll fill the flow rate below 10 PSI is a failing... It doesn't pump enough fuel at WOT to cool and lubricate the vP44.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts