The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed the raptor 150 yesterday and the truck started fine and had 30 psi + of fuel pressure, it ran for about to mins and then died, could get it started for a few seconds then died again, i called tech suport and the guy told me that it was more then likley the lift pump in the tank, i looked on my motor and did not see a lift pump, so he told me to order a draw straw kit and it should fix it. when i took the filter cap off and ran the pump, it would spit a lil bit of fuel then air, i bleed all the lines, will the draw straw fix it or could there be any other problems, need help asap!!!!! thanks

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

10 PSI MINIMUM PRESSURE AT WOT
20 PSI MAXIMUM PRESSURE AT IDLE

You might of blown the VP44... Stock pressure they typicall are around 14-15 PSI because of the overflow valve...

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not getting steady pressure to the IP i looked in the fuel filter canister and its jus purging fuel and it only ran for about 5 to 10 mins is that enought to hurt the IP

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it still wont start and run i dont think it would be the IP cause its only got about 3000 miles on it i droped the pressure way down and bleed the system it started and ran fine when i first installed it what could of happened any more ideas :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts