The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Holley blue on my truck and it will go to about 15 psi when it cranks and then it goes to 0, I can then turn off the truck and turn it back on and it stays at 15 psi and will not do anything wrong after that.. Why does this want to happen on the first crank?

·
560 Posts
WBV06CTD said:
I have a Holley blue on my truck and it will go to about 15 psi when it cranks and then it goes to 0, I can then turn off the truck and turn it back on and it stays at 15 psi and will not do anything wrong after that.. Why does this want to happen on the first crank?

Have you checked the fuel pump relay under the hood? You can easily swap it with the horn relay IIRC.

Then your wiring? Any loose/corroded connections?

Maybe the pump itself is failing internally...are you getting 12V at the pump...this would be my first check, the voltage to the pump.

steved

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Are you saying that the truck is running after it cranks and the pressure drops to 0 while the truck is running?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel pump

yes, I can crank the truck and while it is running the fuel pressure will go to about 15psi then it will pickle between 10 and 15 and then it goes to 0. I then can turn the truck off and then turn it back on and it is fine, The truck never dies.... It is wierd that it does this only some of the time though???

01 Dodge Cummins 150 injectors, comp box, holley blue,Cummins valve cover, 5 inch exhaust and a hybrid turbo.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
In that case I would guess the pump relay or electrical connections. You should get out of the truck when the pressure drops to 0 and listen to make sure the LP isn't running. If it is still running you have a gauge problem. If it isn't start checking voltage. You could also swap out the pump if it is still under warranty. :shrug:

B

·
0 Posts
Follow the above advice. I am goiing to edge out on a limb and say your gauge is the culprit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts