The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Hellmann's fuel tank sump today i ordered from Tim at Deranged Performance along with 4 bottles of Rev-x...Tim has great products and the shipping is super fast. Looks great and can't wait to get it on. Truck is sitting for the winter, but come spring the tank is getting dropped again.

Attachments

·
855 Posts
You have to cut a hole in the bottom of the tank. The flange for the sump has to be put in the tank thru the top, so you have to drop the tank. Great thing about this is it sucks directly off the bottom of the tank. No air to injectors.....

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
You have to cut a hole in the bottom of the tank. The flange for the sump has to be put in the tank thru the top, so you have to drop the tank. Great thing about this is it sucks directly off the bottom of the tank. No air to injectors.....
i hope that wasnt in reply to my post.

i just want to know why he is going to WAIT. not why to cut a hole in it. should be able to install that in just a few hours.

should also add that it doesnt have to be dropped and its been done without it too.

Garrett

·
855 Posts
i hope that wasnt in reply to my post.

i just want to know why he is going to WAIT. not why to cut a hole in it. should be able to install that in just a few hours.

should also add that it doesnt have to be dropped and its been done without it too.

Garrett
Yes SSpeedDEMONSS that was in responce, after rereading what you ask him I realized what you were asking. I have a hellmans sump on my truck and i did have to drop the fuel tank to install it. There is no other way around it and yes it can be done in just a couple of hours.....

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garrett, my truck is put away for the winter...so that's why it's waiting till spring. The tank does have to get dropped cause how else are you going to get the other part of the sump in the tank? There's no way to pull the sending unit out of the tank with the tank still installed.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Yes SSpeedDEMONSS that was in responce, after rereading what you ask him I realized what you were asking. I have a hellmans sump on my truck and i did have to drop the fuel tank to install it. There is no other way around it and yes it can be done in just a couple of hours.....
Garrett, my truck is put away for the winter...so that's why it's waiting till spring. The tank does have to get dropped cause how else are you going to get the other part of the sump in the tank? There's no way to pull the sending unit out of the tank with the tank still installed.
yes, it can be done without dropping it. ive seen people cut the top ring in half. i personally wouldnt but i have seen it done.

Garrett

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, it can be done without dropping it. ive seen people cut the top ring in half. i personally wouldnt but i have seen it done.

Garrett
I believe you then that it's been done, but the only problem i have with doing it that way, is that it would seem you would be fighting the two halfs of the ring then when you go and try to make sure they stay lined up with the holes drilled in the tank and the holes of the bottom of the sump when you start to push the bolts up through and start to turn the bolts in the threads. Also, how are you absolutly sure that all of the plastic burrs and fileings from drilling the tank are out of the tank before you bolt the sump up? Without dropping the tank and flushing/blowing all the plastic burrs out inside...there is no way to know that all of it is out of the tank. I just wouldn't take the chance in doing it this way...i'd rather drop it.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
yeah, thats why i said i personally would do it but i have just seen it done that way.

get your truck out of winter storage and put it on already!

Garrett

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, thats why i said i personally would do it but i have just seen it done that way.

get your truck out of winter storage and put it on already!

Garrett
haha...If i have a chance to get it out and if there is enough room in the shop someday...i'll get it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts