The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the truck a couple weeks ago. When both tanks are just under the red mark in the gauge cluster, i can only get 30gals in it, topped off. It says it should hold 37gals. It is a 6ft bed. Maybe its the 8ft bed that holds 37gals. just wounding if the sending units for the gauge are bad or something. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
TurboTPI said:
I just bought the truck a couple weeks ago. When both tanks are just under the red mark in the gauge cluster, i can only get 30gals in it, topped off. It says it should hold 37gals. It is a 6ft bed. Maybe its the 8ft bed that holds 37gals. just wounding if the sending units for the gauge are bad or something. Thanks
Cause its a Ford, duh! HAHA, just kidding Tim, hopefully nobody brutalizes me after this post...where do you get fuel, its cheap at the BP on Grand and York, just filled up for 2.89 the other night.

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
butthair said:
Cause its a Ford, duh! HAHA, just kidding Tim, hopefully nobody brutalizes me after this post...where do you get fuel, its cheap at the BP on Grand and York, just filled up for 2.89 the other night.
Im gonna start using that bp. I filled up with non-road taxed, red diesel up north. 2.59 gal. But its kinda illegal.:sofa

·
1,581 Posts
6ft beds have 29gal tanks (according to Ford) but If you fill it to the neck you can get 33gal in them (done it) I wouldn't recommend running it that low unless you have a can (I did)

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
444turbodiesel said:
6ft beds have 29gal tanks (according to Ford) but If you fill it to the neck you can get 33gal in them (done it) I wouldn't recommend running it that low unless you have a can (I did)
Thanks, that makes sense now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts