The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke down and decided to buy a nitrous kit for my truck. It should be here today. It'll be my first time installing a kit and I'm looking forward to using it. I went with just a single stage kit just cuz I'm impatient and didn't want to wait three weeks for the dual stage. I'm hoping it will satisfy my craving for more power for a little bit. Doubt it.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel really badly for your rear tires if you're installing the N.O.S on the 2wd truck IF its Spartan 275 tuned.
Yep its got the 275 v2. Yep my tires already hate me:haha Yep I'm already bored of the 275 and am not one of the special few that get to run the chicken burger tune(lucky guys:thumbsup). So I'll run nitrous till we get more fuel then the cab can come off just once and do it all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hehe.. you'll enjoy the new tune once its released later this summer... you wont need the nitrous to boil the tires, thats for sure - Floorboarding the throttle from a dead stop in 2wd the truck doesnt even move forward then you look back and there is this strange white smoke all around you. After 10 secs or so the truck does finally move forward but these strange black marks are behind you. :)

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe.. you'll enjoy the new tune once its released later this summer... you wont need the nitrous to boil the tires, thats for sure - Floorboarding the throttle from a dead stop in 2wd the truck doesnt even move forward then you look back and there is this strange white smoke all around you. After 10 secs or so the truck does finally move forward but these strange black marks are behind you. :)
With that said I guess my next purchase should be a locker of some sort:haha I'm still trying to find a set of drag tires that I like. Why can't tire manufactures make any good sizes in a 17 or 18" rim?:bang I want to enter the race this weekend in edmonton but it's pointless with my 24's:goodvsevil Hopefully sledneck will do real good, I'll be cheering for ya in the stands dude:D

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
put some wieght in the back, you may not get a great launch but you proabbly wiegh 2000pnds less so once you get some traction you will gain speed super fast

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
put some wieght in the back, you may not get a great launch but you proabbly wiegh 2000pnds less so once you get some traction you will gain speed super fast
I'd rather not, most dmax cc 4x4 are lighter then my truck is now with the spare and hitch, 7370lbs. without me in it and half tank of fuel. If I launch with 20 psi on the pavement my tires light up till I hit 100km/h. if I launch with no boost it takes to long to build boost. Anything over 5 psi on launch and these 24's just spin. If I hammer down anything above 20km/h my tires hooks up and it pulls real good but from a standing start I'm S.O.L. I'm still up in the air if I'm gonna enter???

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Go for it! What tire psi are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts