The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2006 GMC 3500HD with the factory trailer plug. There is no power to the 12V constant on the trailer plug. I am assuming there must be a fuse for this but I haven't been able to find it. Could someone point me in the right direction. I have looked at the owner's manual but there doesn't apppear to be a fuse location specifically marked for the constant line. Thanks in advance for your any help

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
If I recall it right there is a fuse and power relay under the engine hood and order to get 12 volts power on you have to have the key be on postion to enable the power relay.

I know it done that way with later models Ford trucks and I am pretty sure it will the same with GM trucks simauir set up.

Look for relay / fuse box it should be on driver side near the firewall location otherwise it will be on passner side near front grill location.

Merci,Marc

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys...I found it last night, it is in the top left hand corner of the fuse box under the hood. It is marked as Stud #1, they are sent from the factory with a dummy fuse in that position. It is not clearly marked or explained anywhere that this power stud will put power to the trailer hitch, I assumed it was for installing 12v accessories like a lightbar or something.

Reactions: fordt
1 - 5 of 5 Posts