The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok we are always askin what tuner to get, and most of the time we say SCT and i agree and have one... so lets go further... lets say you had an edge, then your stock injectors shoot the bed, so you think hmmm lets do some stage 2 injectors.... will anything other than an SCT type programmer give you all you got comming from the injectors, what if you do a turbo too... seems like with the SCT type set up you can always tweak after more mods... so not only is an SCT a good stand alone but it can grow with your mods with no issues....imho SCT wins in more than just a better tranny shift.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
not really, only the SCT and im not for sure, but possibly the TS 5x Programmer could, but that would be it, other than a fuel system to support the injectors....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
banksforddiesel99 said:
not really, only the SCT and im not for sure, but possibly the TS 5x Programmer could, but that would be it, other than a fuel system to support the injectors....
Umm i think we agree... i didnt mention TS but yes they are in that class also....other than that you cant tweak the truck to help with future mods... a fuel system would help injectors in any program but you could change more on the sct and ts to take more advantage of even that upgrade.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
YEP tahts my take on it anywho......

·
758 Posts
You also have the option of Sniper Tuning. I personaly have not tried it but it has the ability like the SCT's as far as if you put different turbos injectors in it and also has transmission programming in it. Maybe someone using one of them will chim in.
Dan

·
758 Posts
You also have the option of Sniper Tuning. I personaly have not tried it but it has the ability like the SCT's as far as if you put different turbos injectors in it and also has transmission programming in it. Maybe someone using one of them will chim in.
Dan

·
185 Posts
SoGrand said:
Dan

The Sniper tuner does have the ability to do those things you listed for the 7.3L but not for the 6.0L. It just gives you 3 HP level choices, the ability to change the timing a little, and allows you to adjust the throttle sensitivity. Supposedly they are coming with trans tuning and turbo upgrade options. They have been telling me for the last 4 months that it would be out in a week...:pointlaugh Don't have much faith in them anymore...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I sure like my SCT, especially since my newest additions!! Love the injectors and studs. Can't wait to get a turbo!

·
758 Posts
Mark i didn't know they didn't have everything out yet for it. I was trying to be talked into one of them but with all my mods i choose the SCT and am loving it. 6LPWR you have to love your newest additions. I to have Bean's stage 2 injectors along with alot of other stuff and love every second of the power i have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts