The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tel me bout the area? The good and the bad dont be shy..

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
I have passed threw there on 35 headed to oklahoma city looks pretty nice

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
100 Posts
How about any where on the out skirts of Dallas/ Fort worth area? Denton? Stephenville? McKinney? Im curious about all those areas? Like SOOTBANDIT said... the good the bad and the ugly...! thanks!

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
It's pretty small. I used to drive through there all the time. It's only about 25 miles from Denton and Denton has gotten huge over the years. Plenty of resources there.

You moving?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty small. I used to drive through there all the time. It's only about 25 miles from Denton and Denton has gotten huge over the years. Plenty of resources there.

You moving?
Real good chance

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Well, enjoy the place. I'm about 2 hours and change from there. I pass through Denton every time I head to a buddy's house in Golden.

·
Contain the BTU's...
650 Posts
How about any where on the out skirts of Dallas/ Fort worth area? Denton? Stephenville? McKinney? Im curious about all those areas? Like SOOTBANDIT said... the good the bad and the ugly...! thanks!
North Texas remains one of the strongest economic regions in the US. Four of the five fastest growing areas are in N Texas. Plenty of high tech, manufacturing, medical, defense, etc. Housing prices are above the national average. Excellent schools, great weather.
We live in McKinney, we like it alot!

Now the bad......traffic......traffic.......traffic. We do have several toll roads although getting from a to b gets pricey. If you like hot, 95+ for weeks, your good. No mountains or hills close, but you can stand on the hood of your truck and watch the dog run away for days.....yea its kinda of flat!

Very few folks who move here ever leave.....maybe that's a negative too.

:txflag

Wekiwa

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Gainesville isn't far from Whitesboro, my best friend's wife (Andrea) is from Whitesboro, and I went there for their wedding. It's like a lot of North Texas, not too many trees, stays pretty windy, lots of white rock, gets hot and dry in the summer. It's not too far from me, if y'all need me to do some scouting for you before y'all make a trip down, let me know. I get days off and I'll have plenty of time, I can take pictures, check with Andrea for "expert" opinions, whatever. I won't mind. :thumbsup

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slick i would appreciate it alot if you would be able to do some scouting for Paige and I pics would be awesome time frame wil be end of july early august i final out end of july. Thanks

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
dallas area has nice women of all ages...TX is awesome...dont forget to check out the TX music scene way fun and good times to be had there. I live south of dallas/ft worth area but travel through there (and almost everywhere) pretty regularly. Although when you live in austin, you dont have many reasons to go anywhere else for anything.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well we going down for her internship then prob moving again unless we like it and then we will stay dont know yet for sure just know time is ticking

·
100 Posts
dallas area has nice women of all ages...TX is awesome...dont forget to check out the TX music scene way fun and good times to be had there. I live south of dallas/ft worth area but travel through there (and almost everywhere) pretty regularly. Although when you live in austin, you dont have many reasons to go anywhere else for anything.
Thats not nice.. you shouldnt be telling him about other girls around that area when he is planning on moving down there with one!:(

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Thats not nice.. you shouldnt be telling him about other girls around that area when he is planning on moving down there with one!:(
Grow up...theres women everywhere. Im usually very nice, Im giving you guys some info arnt i? When winter comes ya'll can come to austin and I'll show you around. OH, but theres good looking women in austin, so that might not be a good idea....sorry brandon.:eek: Im just not nice when people come on here creating drama..:thumbdown..

There was some other info in there also, but I guess you missed all that.

Now, back to the subject on hand....look on Craigslist for housing if thats what your looking for. I have found alot of rental houses and apartments on there when i was searching for a lake house in austin. OKC is within driving distance for a weekend and everytime I pass through there, there seems to be a horse show of some sorts at the place next to the highway. Cant forget Billy Bob's in Ft Worth. Austin, San Antonio, Houston are all within a day driving distance. Make for good "weekend getaways".

Like wekiwa said, it gets hot for long periods of time. 100+ weeks on end isnt anything new. The wind is blowing most of the time so it isnt as bad as say houston in the summer where its 60% humidity. Make sure your A/C is up to par.

In the winter it gets chilly and its been known to snow in that area, but nothing bad. Only differance down here is when it snows the whole state shuts down and theres very little snow removal equipment.

·
H.O. Cummins
208 Posts
Grow up...theres women everywhere. Im usually very nice, Im giving you guys some info arnt i? When winter comes ya'll can come to austin and I'll show you around. OH, but theres good looking women in austin, so that might not be a good idea....sorry brandon.:eek: Im just not nice when people come on here creating drama..:thumbdown..

There was some other info in there also, but I guess you missed all that.

Now, back to the subject on hand....look on Craigslist for housing if thats what your looking for. I have found alot of rental houses and apartments on there when i was searching for a lake house in austin. OKC is within driving distance for a weekend and everytime I pass through there, there seems to be a horse show of some sorts at the place next to the highway. Cant forget Billy Bob's in Ft Worth. Austin, San Antonio, Houston are all within a day driving distance. Make for good "weekend getaways".

Like wekiwa said, it gets hot for long periods of time. 100+ weeks on end isnt anything new. The wind is blowing most of the time so it isnt as bad as say houston in the summer where its 60% humidity. Make sure your A/C is up to par.

In the winter it gets chilly and its been known to snow in that area, but nothing bad. Only differance down here is when it snows the whole state shuts down and theres very little snow removal equipment.
:whs

Summers are very hot but not bad. If it snows or freezes everything shuts down .. yet idiots who cant drive on the roads still drive cause they think can handle the conditions and end up taking out innocent victims who actually can drive. lol funny how that works. dallas area is a big city with lots to offer. some areas are dry county's, and some areas are bad crime. i am very familar with austin area since I have been here 25 years. Dallas has the cowboys, the stars, the mavericks, the rangers, billy bobs and even six flags. Dallas has a lot to offer, but with oppertunity does come downfall and that i aint to sure about

Good luck and if you move we need to get together in Waco to have lunch and BS a little

Again there is alot of good and bad with Dallas area, hopefully you get more good and less bad. You run that risk everytime you move though

Britt

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Just let me know what you want me to do, I'll do it. PM me if you want. If you narrow some places down, I can go check them out to save you a trip. :thumbsup

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Slick i dont want you to have to go out your way man very nice of you. But if you happen to get around anything N,E,S,W of Dallas Ft worth area within 75 mi we kinda want to be out in the country area cause we bringing 2 horses possibly 3

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Trust me man, don't worry about it, I don't mind. But a 75 mile radius, that's a pretty big area, you're going to have to narrow that down a little for me. Heck my house is almost inside that radius. LOL

Weatherford is just West of Ft. Worth and it's a horse town. Lots of rodeo action, ropers, horse farms, etc, and not far from DFW. If you stay North or West you'll have shorter trees, windy conditions, whiter rocks. South is a little different, but not much. The further East you go, the taller the trees, less windy, prettier country if you ask me.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i want east then lol. We not to picky my only thing is i will not live in the city or within 10mi of city limits. Find us something around your area.

·
180 Posts
your saying 75 mile radius... does this mean she will be commuting 2 hours everyday to work?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your saying 75 mile radius... does this mean she will be commuting 2 hours everyday to work?
No there are a few places she is looking at to do her internship at.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts