The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a lot of guys are liking the Garrett dual ball bearing stage 2 and 3 turbos. Whats everyones opinion on those. I heard they whistle loud is that true?

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
I would like too know if anybody uses the water cooled garrett and if it works and they like it?????????

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't call them overpriced. It's probably the way to go if you want to make lots of power and still be streetable. And the sound is ear candy.

Thats the point, I want to make around 400 to 450ish and still have good fuel economy, tow and be a daily driver, not looking to build a compatition truck, at least not in the near future. probably only gonna put in 90hp injectors and use a fuel box to control my power needs for what i want. When you say the saound is ear candy, i take it whistles pretty loud, like a big peterbuilt?

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
know a guy local, not sure if he is back on this site since the hack, but i can get ahold of him and ask which turbo he is running. i know its a garrett unit and his truck is a 99 24v. from what i saw of his truck and how it runs, id assume he likes it...

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
know a guy local, not sure if he is back on this site since the hack, but i can get ahold of him and ask which turbo he is running. i know its a garrett unit and his truck is a 99 24v. from what i saw of his truck and how it runs, id assume he likes it...

Yeah if you do find out let me know.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
ill try n get ahold of him tomorrow :)

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
Hear I am. LOL Im running a custom GT3788R (stage 3). I love the turbo! is spools FAST (i can hit 40+ PSI between 1500 & 1700 RPM) It sounds great also. I would be happy to give any info I can. All I can say is I will never have anything but a BB turbo on my truck.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
BTW I hava also ran the stage II (GT3782R) for a wile also. It was a great DD turbo and towed great also.

·
Ghost
628 Posts
Thats the point, I want to make around 400 to 450ish and still have good fuel economy, tow and be a daily driver, not looking to build a compatition truck, at least not in the near future. probably only gonna put in 90hp injectors and use a fuel box to control my power needs for what i want. When you say the saound is ear candy, i take it whistles pretty loud, like a big peterbuilt?
Sounds like you are on the right track then.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Phily, cumminsdude2001 was asking a question, not making a statement.

and my answer for him came from somone who has ran both of the turbos asked about.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
And I was responding with another statement, not a answer.
yes, and i can read thank you very much. i am not like that guy. i dont have secrets nor do i wish to argue with you.

im stating what somebody told me, who has run both of the said turbos. i dont want a pissing match, I DONT KNOW FIRST HAND.

thanks, and have a nice day. :)

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MOPAR MAN says 'yeah, maybe louder even' :thumbsup

Thats cool. Sounds like a really nice turbo upgrade for the cummins. Every one that i have talked to about them said the stage 2 is really good for daily driver and towing, even with some mild/moderate mods. Thanks for all your info guys, Sounds like I will be getting my upgraded turbo in a few months from black widow. The reason I am going with them is I can get the exhaust housing ceramic coated with a poilshed lookm and the compressor housing poilished. I would rather have someone do it and i pay a little extra, instead of me trying to find someone around here to do it. My engine compartment you can eat off of it, its that clean so i figured make the upgraded turbo look nice. Then maybe the new polished DTT polished intake horn, little pricy but looks nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts