The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just joined up. I have a 06 Duramax, Bully Dog, K&N, 4" duals. Absolute best mileage is 15 mpg, if pulling a trailer 9 to 10. My buddy claims with the same truck except without 4x4, 18 mpg with his foot in it all the time and with a trailer. Either he's lying or my mpg sucks!
Any ideas?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
What cab configuration do you have?
2500 or 3500?
DRW or SRW?
What transmission?
And how many miles?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
And :welcome aboard. :happymugs

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
what are you/him pulling? how fast? how heavy? where? flat land, hills? do you have a lift? oversized tires? how fast do you two get up to speed?

lots of variables with this one..

i get about 15 in the city and 17ish on the highway running 75 (empty)
pulling a 42ft Fountain i got about 13ish, but its a pretty erodynamic load.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crew Cab, pulling anywhere from 4000 lbs. box trailer no areo's to 12000 goose neck. I'm in GA up hill, down hill and I drive to get there..... 70 to 85 or 90. Empty the other day I spanked a Ford Country Farm or whatever... Then the light came on.... 401

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
id say your good to be getting 15 running that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, my buddy is doing the same type driving and pulling, he's getting the 18 or better all the time. Like I said the only difference is he's only 2 wheel drive.

Thanks again for the response..........

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
2wd is about 300-500lbs lighter, and less rolling resistance, and they are lower to the ground so they would be more areodynamic

im getting a hand calculated 13-15mpg with my foot in it 85% of the time, crusing down the highway on long trips i get 18mpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Thanks for the reply. That sounds logical. I drive pretty hard, but I have also tried driving like pawpaw with very little difference.
Your right, my buddy has stock tires, sits low, looks like a sleeper, but has all the power I have.
Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts