The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know which forum to put this. I would like some pics of the Phanton II please.

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do I want tranny temp in Degrees or Psi? Looking at Phanton II.

Autometer Gauge, Phantom II, Transmission Temperature, 100-250 psi, 2 1/ 16 in., Analog, Electrical $69.00
OR
Autometer Gauge, Phantom II, Transmission Temperature, 100-260 Degrees F, 2 1/ 16 in., Analog, Electrical $135.95

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
stroker_baldy said:
Do I want tranny temp in Degrees or Psi? Looking at Phanton II.

Autometer Gauge, Phantom II, Transmission Temperature, 100-250 psi, 2 1/ 16 in., Analog, Electrical $69.00
OR
Autometer Gauge, Phantom II, Transmission Temperature, 100-260 Degrees F, 2 1/ 16 in., Analog, Electrical $135.95

I'm thinkin you want the 100*-260* if you want to monitor the temp.

Are you sure the other one is not a trans pressure gauge?? Trans temp in psi doesnt make sense to me.

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didn't make sense to me eighter. Hense the thread. Copied and paste from DFuser. thats alot more than the other trans temp models

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Are there photos of the two gauges? The price differential sounds about right for the difference between standard air core gauges (which typically have a 90° angular sweep) and stepper motor or amplified air-core (which typically have a 270° angular sweep). It's a whole lot easier to read the value on a full sweep gauge!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
461 Posts
uhh, there is no such thing as a temperature reading in PSI.

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey paul, thats why I said it didn't make since, And why i explained that I copied and pasted that sense. Pay attention!

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So michael, eighter will work regardless of the fact that it says psi. Maybe DFuser will reply and help me understand Psi vs. Degrees

·
6,337 Posts
I would just go for the Isspro gauges...LOL But I am a Isspro poster child...

Attachments

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
love the blue. are you sure you have enough gauges? Thx for the pic. How much more are isspro's?

·
6,337 Posts
I bet the Isspro's are the same price... Check here... www.dieselmanor.com He can set you up one way or the other... I have plans for 16... IF michael gets his guys all lined up and finishs mine...LOL

·
6,337 Posts
The overhead pod will fit a OBS with just a little modding, PM michael here and ask him...

·
6,337 Posts
ckbed said:
16! I can't even count that high with my shoe on.

Fixed it for you...:pointlaugh

DAMIT... You and joe... O well

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
stroker_baldy said:
no gauge set ups for an OBS?:damnit
I think most of the distributors will do OBS packages, even though they spend all their advertising on SD stuff!

I spent a little time with a dremel and used an over-mirror pod for an SD in mine. We also have regular 3-gauge pillar pods available. When we get some breathing room here, I plan to have at least a few prototype OBS 4-gauge pillar pods made up, as well as something to go on top of the dash (in front of the steering wheel, over the existing cluster). I currently have 3 additional gauges just sitting on top of my dash, so I need more spots!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey michael how soon do you think the 4-gauge pod will be done?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It will be a few months, and we're still not sure if we will do it for production. I can have some made in our rapid prototype machine, but they would be pretty expensive just to cover material & labor (we have to glue 2 or 3 parts together for something the size of a pillar pod). I'll probably post a poll on here when we get closer, to get an idea of whether we can justify the tooling costs to go into production with them. I'll have the guys keep track of time and materials when they build mine, so we can have an idea of what we could sell prototype units for.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
uh oh looks like we have competition here lol

Attachments

·
6,337 Posts
dotson90 said:
uh oh looks like we have competition here lol

PFFFFF Thats ONLY 9 gauges... I have 12... soon to be 16... LOL