The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to add some gauges to my '93 12v. Saw this and was wondering if it could be made to work on a 1st gen. http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto%20Meter/105/15012/10002/-1

any good suggestions on how to cleanly mount my gauges? I have an EGT gauge, a tach, and then Temp, Oil pressure and Voltage. I'll probably add a boos gauge at somepoint as well.

can some of you gen 1 guys post some pics in here of your gauge setups?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
If I remember I'll pack up my camera and get a pic of my buddy's 93 Cummins and how we faked a set of pods on his truck... It not the best but it works good...

·
444 Posts
That gage pod will work if the truck has a tilt column. AutoMeter also make a 2 gage A pillar mount for the 1st gens. No one lists it. So call AutoMeter customer service and see if they have any in stock.

Another company called ProPods makes a 2 gage A pillar mount. If your a shorter person the viewing angle is a little to steep to see the gages good. Geno"s garage sells that brand.

That 4K tach is not in the truck. It was installed for that pic. It now has a fuel pressure gage in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
were can you buy the 4K tach i have been looking for one for my truck and can't find one any were. I have a two gauge pod on order for my 93 one ton from glow shift they have a few options as well.

·
16 Posts
I got mine from egauges.com Isspro 0-4000RPM, 2 1-16, 138.00 if you have a 92-93 you can wire it to the factory harness beside the steering column they sell a kit foe 20-30$ you can do it your self with 16ga wire or so and 8 crimp fitting.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Has anyone tried an over-mirror pod? In my older F350 (1995) I used one for a 1999-2008 Ford. The fit isn't perfect, but it looks acceptable. On my first one (a 3-gauge pod) I did some dremel work to make it fit perfectly. I upgraded to a 4-gauge pod and haven't had the time to do the dremel work.

Oh yeah - note that I'm wearing a TheDieselGarage.com sweatshirt in the photo!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
I dont have any pics of my config from my old truck though I ran Boost and Pyro in one of those 2 gauge pillar pods. If by chance you have any fab skills, you could make up a 3rd gauge holder for the pillar, theres plenty of room.

As for other options, Philip's setup would be probably what I would do if I still had my first gen. You could also fab up a 3-4 gauge dash-top mount, I saw a guy do it though cannot remember where I saw it or what forum it may have been on.... D'oh!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
cumminspride said:
If that truck was running when you took the pick, it probably didn't run long with no oil pressure. LOL
I shot the photo at a fuel stop on the way to a race. The first photo was with the engine running, but I just couldn't keep the camera steady enough. In that photo I had just clicked it off, so you can still see some fuel pressure and EGT values.

If someone's really interested, I can see if the company owner will let me try to fit a pod on his truck (he has a 1st gen Cummins/Dodge which looks like it just rolled off the showroom).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 9 of 9 Posts