The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the next few months I am planning to update my gauges.

First off, I want a 4 gauge pod, can a SD pod be grafted onto a OBS pillar since I have never found a 4 gauge pod for the OBS?

Secondly, should I go with a 30, 40 or 60psi gauge for boost? I am going to eventually go with Stage II Injectors, D66 Turbo and an Intercooler. I do not want to buy more gauge than I need.

I have seen this many times on here and it all looks like personal opinion, ISSPRO vs. Di Pricol.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The SD pod is too weirdly shaped to go on an OBS (trust me, I have already tried). ISSPRO may make a 4-gauge OBS pod in the near future. I plan to have a one-off unit built in our rapid prototype machine, then evaluate it for manufacturability. I doubt we would ever recoup the tooling expense, but I might be able to sell the boss on it if enough people on the forums show interest.

Another option is to go with a quad over-mirror pod from an SD. Here's a couple photos of an unmodified one in my truck. There is a slight gap above the pod. I could spend some dremel time and minimize the gap, but it works fine for now.

I would probably go with a 40 psi boost gauge. You can always sell it later on the forums or ebay (gauges seem to hold their value since there's not much to go wrong with them), and replace it with a 60 psi unit if you get to that level.

Now for the brazen sales pitch: You might want to consider the new ISSPRO Performax series of gauges. They are more expensive initially for 3 or 4 gauges (since you have to buy the ESP controller which goes under the hood), but you save lots of time in installation (just a common 3 wires running to all the gauges), and the additional gauges are lower priced than competitive electronic gauges. If your 4th gauge is HPOP, then you're already approaching the breakeven point before you even consider your installation time.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The over the mirror would not be too bad. The gauges will be; Pyro, Boost, Tranny Temp and the fourth would be for the gauge style DP Tuner F-5 Controller that I am going to buy.

With the above mentioned mods, do ya think the truck would hit above the 35psi mark on the boost?

I really like the looks of the DiPricol Optix with the white face. Do you know if the performax line will be coming out with white faces also?

Thanks for the info.:Thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts