The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a quad pod tan to match the truck. egt temp. boost. and trans temp. forth will be used to put in the awsome looking new screen from dp. to control my chip. know anywhere that will sell the quad with three gauges as a combo. prices too if known will help. Thanks

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought my 4 gauge pillar mount from ITP Diesel. I believe that Elite Diesel sells them as well for about the same price.

·
6,337 Posts

·
461 Posts
I believe he was asking more specifically for a vendor who would COMBO a 4 gauge pod with only 3 gauges.

I'd pick a vendor, call them up, and ask. I'm sure they'll set you up.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Quad Pod

Easy order to fill. We use the Pro Parts Quad Pod because the top guage is slightly angled. The autometer pod all the pods are angled the same leaving the top guage pointing at the roof. We can color match you color and set you up with the three guages of your choice. Our guage choice is DiPricol and we have all the combinations in stock. Give us a ring or I can shoot you a PM.

·
6,337 Posts
GOS said:
Our guage choice is DiPricol and we have all the combinations in stock. .

Get some Isspros... :poke:

LOL :Thumbup:

·
461 Posts
i bought my 2 gauge pod and dipricols from GOS. imo, dipricols are the closest match in color, number font, and illumination to factory gauges.

old and busted:

new hotness:

·
63 Posts
I bought the 4 gauge pod with 3 gauges through ITP. Give them a call, it won't be a problem. I did the same thing you are doing...except I made my DP gauge mount.

·
6,337 Posts
make sure you get the pro pod quad... the autometer points the top gauge at the top of the cab and its hard to read.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
CSIPSD said:
make sure you get the pro pod quad... the autometer points the top gauge at the top of the cab and its hard to read.
LOL thats already been said.....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
paulkeith said:
i bought my 2 gauge pod and dipricols from GOS. imo, dipricols are the closest match in color, number font, and illumination to factory gauges.
Fixed it for you:

old and busted:

new hotness:

Seriously, look closely at the fonts on the factory dash (this is from a customer's 2006 F350, but my 1995 F350 has the same font). How could anyone say that the DiPricol has a closer match (even compared to the old EV ISSPRO gauge shown in the prior post)? We use the exact same font as Ford (though we narrowed it slightly in our new gauges to allow fitting 3 numbers across on gauges like Trans Temp). The lighting is a dead perfect match as well. I spent plenty of time in my own F350 with a tarp over the windows as we perfected the shade of the green backlighting.

ISSPRO's new Performax™ line of gauges uses only 3 common wires to all of your gauges (up to 17 of them).

ISSPRO is also a site sponsor since the early days of this site.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
6,337 Posts
LOVE MY PERFORMAX Gauges!!!

Keep in mind I dont want to match stock! LOL

Attachments

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
CSIPSD said:
LOVE MY PERFORMAX Gauges!!!

Keep in mind I dont want to match stock! LOL
do they glow like that in person?? kinda hard to read....

was the first set the same color?

·
6,337 Posts
blk99 said:
do they glow like that in person?? kinda hard to read....

was the first set the same color?

Kinda suck at taking pictures:pointlaugh ... the lighting is crisp and Cristal clear!

·
461 Posts
I just think that dipricol makes more efficient use of the gauge face area. the isspros waste valuable space between the hash marks and face edge, which pushes the numbers further in and may be why they seem to tend to use larger gaps between indicated quantities....IE demarcating every 10lbs for boost as opposed to every 5, etc. A 2 1/16th gauge already presents very little area, and the isspros don't seem to be capitalizing on all of it.

Dipricol illumination is also much nicer (to me) than that picture posted above.

http://www.danininc.com/opticdetail1.html

This is pretty accurate. If you'd like me to get a picture of mine, I'll do it.

I'm not trying to knock Isspro. I can't attest in any way to the interals quality of either gauge and isspro may very well have the edge there. But its my truck and my dollars, and I liked dipricol. Its your truck and your dollar, so you can buy what you want. Just offering my 0.02.

Good luck,
Paul

·
6,337 Posts
Like I said, my camera takes crappy pic's, but I can tell you they light up better then the Di's I have seen...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Photographing backlit gauges is extremely difficult. The photos never do the gauge justice, and the true shades of colors never seem to come through. If in doubt, the best bet is to see the gauges in person.

I can tell you that we did some direct comparisons between the lighting of Optix and our new line, as compared to factory Ford backlight color. While the Optix is close (it is slightly more yellow than the OEM green), we went through some extra revisions on the overlays to make them dead on perfect. As I mentioned before, I spent plenty of time in my truck evaluating the different samples.

As far as the viewed diameter mentioned above, that is a valid point on the older ISSPRO EV series, but not on the Performax line (it has a much larger viewed diameter). Another improvement over EV (and over DiPricol) is the use of flat lenses. As anyone knows who runs both flat and convex lens gauges, the convex lenses pick up MUCH more glare. This is particularly noticeable in a crew cab pickup with all the window area.

I'm not out to bash our competitors, I just wanted to point out the areas we put in specific efforts to improve.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 20 of 22 Posts