The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am looking at getting gauge's now! is B&M a good brand
i can get a good deal on B&M gauge's through a guy i know a a local parts shop.
And i was also wondering how hot things ussually run at.
E40D runs at about 200 deg. ???
EGT's not more than 900??

and does B&M make a pyrometer
This is just what i have heard. was wondering if someone could help me out and give me some normal readings

what they run at empty and towing?

·
6,337 Posts
I have never heard of B+M?

As far as temps, Pyro 0-1500 or 0-1800, tranny 100-280, boost 0-30 or 0-40, for a 7.3 you will not need more then a 40.

I like Isspro best, looks wise, but have both in my truck...

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also forgot to mention CSIPSD, the trans one i have already is 2 1/16"

·
6,337 Posts
Most gauges are a 2" or 2 1/16... both will fit in any pod fine. Sometimes you have to relieve the pod for the bigger one but most just slip in...

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you
like i said in my other thread i am new to the whole diesel performance thing
i have run all my vehicles stock until now

·
Registered
311 Posts
circle5,

You're getting gauges to protect your engine, get some name brand so you know they are accurate. Auto Meter, Isspro, DiPricol and recognized brands that are accurate and reliable, I have never heard of B&M and I have been doing this for a looong time. Call us if you have questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
1,291 Posts
never heard of B & M of racing products . they have been making aftermarket stuff for years. Transmission cooler, converter , trans pans etc.... i think they got an award for the gauges they just came out with.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
circle5 said:
ok thank you
like i said in my other thread i am new to the whole diesel performance thing
i have run all my vehicles stock until now
CSIPSD has more gauges then i have ever seen. If you pm him he might have some photos or upload some.

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yes i seen all them gauge's! impressive.
As for B&M, i talked to a mechanic friend i have and he said that they make a very good gauge set-up. and yes i believe they did get an award for it.

I understand that they protect my Tranny. The only b&m one i got is the Trans temp, but it is normally more expensive than the autometer's and isspro's and i got it for cheap so i will run it and if i suspect that it is not doin a good enough job i will change it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts