The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones should i get...egt, boost, fuel press, i have a manual trans so would i still need that gauge? thanks

·
39 Posts
Opinions will differ. I like a pyrometer first, followed by a trans and boost. I have a stick and just did the trans gauge. I tow so I wanted to keep an eye on it.

Pat

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks...does any one now the highest boot press. get while running twins cuz i am thinking about it and don't want to buy another gauge

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
First off, get rid of that K&N intake before you dust your motor and charger!!!

What are your plans for the future? Do you tow a lot with this truck or is it just a daily driver and play toy? If you're just going to stick with the regular intake, tuner, and exhaust then a pyrometer and boost gauge will do you fine most likley. If your plans for the future include bigger things like upgraded chargers, upgraded injectors and the like, then you'll need others as well.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I think fuel pressure,boost and Pyro should do it

I have (2) pyros,volt meter,oil temp,Water temp,Nos pressure, trans temp, 0-100 boost, fuell pressure, Scan guage by killer bee. I may be adding a second boost to watch the smaller charge on my compounds. I also thinking of adding a backpressure gauge to monitor that...but Im a little over compulsive

·
3,306 Posts
I agree with rob. If you have a stick, a pyro, boost and fuel pressure gauge is enough. I would get a boost gauge that reads up to 60psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts