The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current Firestone destination all terrains are getting worn down finally, been a fantastic long life & trouble free tire for me, but last winter they were slipping around more than I am comfortable with. I would purchase these again hands down as they are a solid well made tire...but I like the new design of the General ATX all terrains and they are 3-peak mountain snowflake rated. Alot of the guy's I work with are running BFG KO2's, but they seem to wear quickly on heavy diesel trucks. I have General suv tires (HTS60) on our 3-other suv rigs, and they are great tires (made by Continental in USA).

Grabber? A/T X | General Tire

By any chance, has anyone tried the new General Grabber ATX tires yet?

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered my General Grabber ATX tires last friday (315/75R16)...having them delivered to local Walmart in Post Falls Idaho, paid 203.12 each + 6% sales tax. Wally's had the best price around here, even better price than my own dealership I work for could get for me, from the local ATD tire distributor warehouse. I'll try to mount them up by next weekend. Even being an old man, I still get excited about truck stuff.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my ATX's mounted up last Thursday (315/75R16). Balanced very well with anywhere from 35-70 grams per tire, set all tires to 44psi. Smooth riding and great steering with no wandering. Ran it up to 90+ and no shake, smooth as can be. Will try to post pics later, gotta run to work now.

Harry

·
1,218 Posts
Thanks for the post Harry!

Hope all is well up there!

Reactions: harry6.0

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing ok Mark, great to hear from you too. Been hot as heck this summer with alot of smoke from all the wildfires. Gonna see if I can load some pic's of the new tires...here they are

Attachments

Reactions: Smoker and bismic

·
119 Posts
Harry, How's the noise and vibration?

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Harry, How's the noise and vibration?
They are quiet for an all terrain tread, just a very slight hum, almost unnoticeable. You can slightly feel the tread blocks at slower speeds, but no shake, in other words its a more aggressive tread design than say my old firestones, and highway or high speeds they are smooth and track straight and steer very well. I've adjusted my tire pressures a bit, running 48 psi front and 44 psi rear, this is unloaded for normal day use. I can't wait for the snow to fly and see how they do, so far we have had a bunch of rain and they do well in the wet. When we finally do get snow and ice I will post more pic's.

Harry

Reactions: Smoker

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ATx snow pics attached below....been a slow start to winter, but now were getting really cold weather and snow with more to come...the ATx's have worked better than I expected, they clean out well and stay pliable in the cold, even 5F temps

Attachments

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More snow pics...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts