The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to buy another truck I want a 6.4 crew cab king ranch or harley. My question is what's some stuff I should look for when looking the truck over? You know kinda like how on a 7.3 you wanna look for oil leaks find out if and by who it was chipped etc, Idk much about the 6.4s.. oh yeah and some kind of maintenance schedule to go off once I get it thanks.

·
67 Posts
Here are a few things that I would look at if it was myself. I would check the coolant and make sure that it was at the wright level, I would also make sure that the ventura T was present. I would also check the oil level and make sure it wasn't over full. You will probably need to short stick it to get the wright level. It is also a good idea to have an oasis report ran on the truck.

Here is my maintenance plain I use with my truck. (By the way I tuned the truck and removed the dpf filter first thing when I bought the truck.) I change the oil every 5k and change the fuel filters every 10k. I run ford cetaine booster in every tank full and every time I fuel up I check my coolant level and my oil level. If you aren't going to tune the truck I would change the oil every 3k.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be Spartan tuned with in a month after I get it I'm thinking 5 inch turbo back in 7 inch angle cuts.

Here's another question how high of a tune can I run on stock studs?

So every 5k miles I run the 7.3 10k.. how about the tranny?

·
67 Posts
Your factory studs should do fine with spartan tunes long as you drive smart with the high the high tunes. I have seen alot of rocker issues when you go with longer oil changes and fare as the tranny goes, I would service it every 30k.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You think they'll hold the 310? Or even possibly the 350? I'll probably run the like 250 most the time I heard its the best economy but I plan to take it to the track once in a while.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok he said "unless your beating it with nos" or however exactly he said it so does that mean they'll hold the 350?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts