The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I'm new to this site and only joined because I need as much quality advice as I can get. I'm in the market for a new truck (new to me) and want to know what I should spend my money on. I had a 1983 F-350 with the 6.9L V8 in it from 2011 to 2016 that I got for $2,000 with 440,000 miles on it. I loved that truck and when I sold it before leaving for the Army, it had 505,000 miles on it. Never did no crazy repairs or anything too far outside of scheduled maintenance. It was a welding rig and snow plow truck so it got abused and did not care. Plus in 2014 I started feeding it home made B100 biodiesel and she loved it.

Anyways, my most recent work truck is a 2004 F-350 with the V10 and I hate it. I wanna trade it in when I get home from Guantanamo Bay (I'll be stationed there until June or July 2022). I'm gonna start making biodiesel again (yes, my B100 meets industry quality tests and specs) and I want to know what you all think is the best truck to run biodiesel in and get the most power out of. My budget is $20,000 but I can find $25,000 for the right machine. I'd like it to be no older than 1995 if possible and I'm pretty dead set on finding a dually since it'll be loaded down with welding equipment and possibly still need to be able to tow a 5th wheel.

Please, I wanna hear your experiences, knowledge and whatever you can tell me regarding the subject. If anyone runs B100 or biodiesel blends, please tell me how it's going for you in your truck(s). If you have something you think I'd be interested in buying, show me and we'll talk. I'm a cash buyer. Thanks everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts