The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like everywhere I go I get challenged by cummins guys or other diesel driving guys . Yesterday i had two cummins challenge me and offcourse i won them both :thumbsup Last week I had three. All different guys around the town or the next town. One of them was an older guy and kept revving his engine at me and about the 4th time he revved it I hit the gas and him as well and we took off till the next light.ITs a rush :D:thumbsup Are you fellow powerstrokers getting challenged like this as well or is it just this area.?

·
2,183 Posts
haha i wish. There are barely any diesels around here minus work vehicles

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
No offense to any P-Stroke boys, but whenever I'm at a stoplight with a Powerstroke and I see gauges or hear a loud exhaust, I'm always trying to pick a race. Of course, most of the guys around here put on a intake exhaust and tuner and think they can beat anything, and sorry to say the Powerstrokes are the ****iest boys in school.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
We might not get an "A" for performance. But we make up for it in enthusiasm

·
2,106 Posts
No offense to any P-Stroke boys, but whenever I'm at a stoplight with a Powerstroke and I see gauges or hear a loud exhaust, I'm always trying to pick a race. Of course, most of the guys around here put on a intake exhaust and tuner and think they can beat anything, and sorry to say the Powerstrokes are the ****iest boys in school.
COMPLETELY depends on where you go.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
We might not get an "A" for performance. But we make up for it in enthusiasm
:haha I suppose that sounds about right.

StrokerDude said:
COMPLETELY depends on where you go.
I agree, I am just stating that here in Laramie, specifically the WyoTech students, the guys running Powerstrokes think they are God's gift to diesel racing.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
thats because they're kids.
un-educated ones or diesel power reading ones at that. to say the least, i wish more people would get on the forums. from people i recommend at fuel stations to randoms in parking lots.

when my truck is running i can spank about anyone id like around here (of course, minus most the guys in our club, but they know wtf they are dealing with).

either way, i wish more people who bought these wonderful trucks knew more, vs going off and thinking what banks tells them about their kit they bought, or if they are DP readers, they knew a little more than 'oh, my exhaust + intake + edge should make my truck do 500 HP....

best is seeing the look on peoples faces after my dads F350 service body truck spanks them, either from get go at a signal, or on a freeway on-ramp. :haha

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I also think it depends on where you live. Over here in napa county and sonoma county, there are cummins guys almost everywhere, and several powerstrokes as well, but not like the dodge guys. It would be alot more fun if my powerstroke was more moddified when I get challenged almost daily .:thumbsup ITs fun though, everyone is cool about it.:usflag

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Everyone trys to play with me, and around here dodge guys are the ****iest.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Everyone trys to play with me, and around here dodge guys are the ****iest.
they are the ****iest, cause up until a couple/few years ago, we reigned supreme. though things have changed and we are not necessarily the top dog anymore.

the reason i say 'they' above, is because i cant say i am that ****y. as i said above, 'when my truck runs, i can take most people who eff with me'. even with my truck broke i still joke with friends, but when im tellin people bout the site or any forum for that matter, and they wonder why a guy on foot walked up to them at a gas station, i humbly say "cause my truck is broken, sittin in my driveway".

tho that excuse is getting old (even tho its true).... :bdh

·
46 Posts
It seems like everywhere I go I get challenged by cummins guys or other diesel driving guys . Yesterday i had two cummins challenge me and offcourse i won them both :thumbsup Last week I had three. All different guys around the town or the next town. One of them was an older guy and kept revving his engine at me and about the 4th time he revved it I hit the gas and him as well and we took off till the next light.ITs a rush :D:thumbsup Are you fellow powerstrokers getting challenged like this as well or is it just this area.?
hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
162 Posts
I get challenged alot but it is a waste of time really. Its mostly by "boys" with their dodges, dual stacks they think are cool, and blowing most of their fuel out of them. If you want to impress me, try and keep up as we are climbing Vail pass with similar trailers behind us. Thats what diesels are for, pullin, not blowing soot all over town... :usflag

·
Registered
6 Posts
I play it two ways. Either let them try to play and just drive normally or leave no doubt in their little minds that its not a wise idea to try to play. Really depends on my mood and location at the time.

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I agree with you ramnu2. I have done this twice now. Since I dont want to get in trouble with the police, I let them rev and rev and I agree with them with a head nodd, and when the light turns, they launch and speed away and I just drive normal:haha:thumbsup Yeah It does depend where you are or how your feeling, I mean if you feel like racing you'll do it but if you dont you dont.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
I play it two ways. Either let them try to play and just drive normally or leave no doubt in their little minds that its not a wise idea to try to play. Really depends on my mood and location at the time.
I pick option B :D

·
288 Posts
lee boy, i live over in sonoma... didnt no there was anyone on here from my area haha. u may have seen my truck?

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I think I've seen it, you go to the santa rosa junior college? Theres one just like it that has total performance diesel decal on the back with a diamond dairy decal .Older dodge just like on your picture. Is that you man.?

Damn I got beat by a cummins yesterday coming home from santa rosa for the second time. This means I have to start fixing this powerstroke up soon. Its hard trying to start over . My last truck got wrecked so i just got another psd just like the one I had but stock for now.

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Larry jewell i bet your truck is to slow thats why your hating . :fart I mean you went through all that trouble of looking for a picture that says bull**** ? Why dont you just say it ? Im not lying, I get challenged almost everyday, I might not win all of them , but who cares its just fun. Its not all about winning all the time.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Larry jewell i bet your truck is to slow thats why your hating . :fart I mean you went through all that trouble of looking for a picture that says bull**** ? Why dont you just say it ? Im not lying, I get challenged almost everyday, I might not win all of them , but who cares its just fun. Its not all about winning all the time.
im pretty sure Larrys truck is far from slow, and nobodys hating here man, this is the roadkill section, this is where the BS and stupid posturing happens, its all in good fun alright bro? besides a PSD vs. DMAX is an unfair comparison, its like comparing human vs. grizzly... LOL JK :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts