The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, like the title says....im gettin a new truck... about the middle/end of Febuary:woot:

im planning on getting a 24 valve, ext. cab, long bed 6 speed.....if i can find it

so what i kinda want to know is the major upgarades i can do to it. I know the obvious things like guages, intake, exhaust.

what i wana do with it is to be able to hook onto anything and not have a problem pulling it....i pull a huge horse trailer during the summer and flatbeds w/ hay. That, and be able to smoke them lil ricers that think they are hot chit

so what is your guyses opinons on what to add to be able to accomplish this:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Just take a look here...

http://mopar1973man.com/

Also my signature has links to my BOMB that I've done... But I'm turning out 381/826 or 379/831 on the dyno... I feel I'm doing rather quite well myself...:Thumbup:

·
324 Posts
Id say edge, 5in exhaust, bhaf or intake of some sort, injectors, clutch or tranny, fass, and your set. Just get the big stuff out of the way like tranny and fuel system and youll be good to do pretty much what ever you want.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what kinda intake and chip/tuner or whatever do you guys think will work best on this.....

i found 2 trucks...they are the exact same, just one is black and one is red....2002 24 valve ext. cab long bed 6 spd. the red one has 90,000 mi and the guy wants $20,000 and im calling the other guy today to see about a price and the miles on the truck.....so what do ya think?

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Hmmm...

For a stand alone enhancement box I would go for a Edge Comp with some gauges...

For a stacked setup. I would aim for a TST box and a Smarty Programmer... Good bang for the buck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts