The Diesel Garage banner

GM TO RE ENTER MEDIUM DUTY SEGMENT

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  01duramax6spd 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Was thinking and hoping makybe if they did re enter the market they might make a "medium duty pickup". I know more guys who would be interested in a medium duty pickup then the kodiak. Lots of landscaping guys, etc don't want the bigger cab and a truck that sits up so high.

#4 ·
Kind of doubt that they will make a 3500 styled 4500-5500, the 3500 will do as much as 4500's of past, and thats what GM is banking on

#8 ·
If you think the 3500 will do what a 4500 will do you're mistaken. I used to think the same and now I own a 2500,3500,and 4500 and there is no comparason. Everything on on a 4500 is much heavier. I don't care what people say but a 4500 will stop a heavy trailer in prolly half the distance a 3500 will and handles it so much safer. GM is loosing a ton of sales to Ford and Dodge right now on the MD class trucks. All the electric companys and utilities out here in the midwest are running that class of truck.

#5 ·
International owns that market; I doubt GM will do much damage.

#6 ·
Ya never know and I know International do lead on med duty market side in North American side however in Europe it pretty much three way grabs.,,

Renault
Mercades Benz
Volvo

Those three are fighting each other for Med duty truck in market in Europe.

There are others but not high engouh to lead the pack.

Merci.
Marc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.