The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duramax 6.6L V8 LB7 Diesel. The temp gauge has never gone over 140deg. even while towing my RV. Now the temp. goes up to 160deg, even on a slight hill. I have not towed the trailer yet, kind of afraid to. This winter has been cold and the outside temp has been between 14deg. and 40deg.. I have gone on long trips, over 300 miles and the temp goes between 140 and 160 deg.. I have not heard the fan on any of my trips. I did hear the fan before this problem started. The GM dealer says that the temp. is normal, but I am not convinced. Any help greatly appreciated.

PS the GM dealership overfilled the oil at oil change and I had white smoke when stopping at a stop light after 30 miles of driving. After they admitted an overfill of oil and drained off excess I no longer get the white smoke. I read in another post that a plugged up Catalytic converter could cause overheating.

·
TDG Mafia 57
1,606 Posts
:welcome2: to TDG! :usflag:Thumbup:

Post your question in the Chevy section. Lots of great members there with lots of great info. Most of the members don’t make it up here to the welcome section.

·
464 Posts
Welcome to the garage!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts