The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to finalize my purchase of a 2000 F250 supercab short bed. it has 95000 miles on it. 6spd. it is wrecked but just needs paint, 2 windows, and some body work. when i get finished fixing it i would like to make it smoke. i have heard that a dp tuner is really good and checked out the website and i liked the custom 6 position chips. i would like to smoke people out. i am 16 and making a big decision taking out a loan. but my dad has an 04 and i love it. i go to alot of pulls and i am hooked on diesels. i own a 96 f350 gass guzzler and am sick and tired of 9mpg with my lift. are there any other mods to make the truck smoke without spending 5 grand on it and rebuilding the motor?

·
Registered
130 Posts
dp tuner, intake, exhaust, gauges and you'll get some smoke on the 80hp setting.

·
361 Posts
You've pointed yourself in a good direction.

You do need gauges. At least a Pyrometer. Look around at some of the sponsors sites and find yourself an intake and a 4" exhaust.

Call Jody at Dp-Tuner when you are ready and tell him what you have and what you are looking for. He will take care of getting you more power and smoke.

You may want to look at an upgraded clutch also if you start running some of the higher HP programs. The stock one won't last long if you drive it hard with the extra power.

Edmguy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
edmguy69 said:
You've pointed yourself in a good direction.

You may want to look at an upgraded clutch also if you start running some of the higher HP programs. The stock one won't last long if you drive it hard with the extra power.

Edmguy
where could i find a clutch and what am i looking for? this is my first diesel and first manual. would i need a double disc or are there just better upgrades to the stock one?

·
361 Posts
I've got a Standard Luk Upgrade and its ok for now. I will probably change to a Southbend when I do some more power upgrades. Alot of the sponsors here carry the Southbend. The pulling clutches may be a bit much for everyday driving.Get the clutch fork upgrade while you are at it. Around $30-40, and some folks have bent the stockers. Hope this helps

·
Registered
128 Posts
BIGRPOWR said:
dp tuner, intake, exhaust, gauges and you'll get some smoke on the 80hp setting.

:agreed: :agreed: :Thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts