The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been pulling the big ol fiver up and down the road for the last couple of weeks between work/pleasure and trailer warranty. The trailer is a 36' Cameo Carriage with 3 slides and tips the scales at about 15,000lbs loaded with gear. Now there arent any major hills on my travels but there are some steady grades and stepped hills that do make the truck work fairly hard.

I enjoy setting cruise and traveling at my own speed(faster then everyone else) and not have to worry about getting runs at the hills to hold my speed or timing passing manovers to pass safely.

Milage wise. I dont care. Better then stock by about 3mpg. So maybe 7.5 at 70mph.

The temps are great. EOT never tops 213 even at 80f+ ECT might get to 216f, TFT 165-175, and the EGT's 1050-1150.

For anyone who is on the fence about tuning your superduty. Time to get off. It is worth every penny. There's nothing like moving 25,000lbs with your toe:thumbsup

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
thats impressive for an f150 :poke LOL LOL LOL

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know. Got the new F150 diesel test mule dropped off at my house this morning with a note on the windshield saying "Enjoy. Sincerly Mr Ford" LOL

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
LOL yall damn canucks are as full of chit as us boys down here LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
1,077 Posts
Yeah I know. Got the new F150 diesel test mule dropped off at my house this morning with a note on the windshield saying "Enjoy. Sincerly Mr Ford" LOL

You got one too! I didn't wanna say anything but this thing will do circles around my 6.4!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Damn, I knew I should of held off buying the wife her new Expedition. They will probably put the new diesel in there also.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I always look forward to pulling with the 150 tune.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I loaded the 210 today to go to work and.... Well I think the 150 might be shelved. The 210 was simple amazing. The fluid temps were a bit higher but it was 20deg warmer today then the last time I towed. Milage. Still dont care. Power. Smoooooooooth and managable with the throttle. ECT was 199-204 and EOT was 204-211. Tranny temps 157-169, and EGT's were lower then the 150 by 150deg. Why did I wait so long to pull with this tune?!!!

Reactions: Super08Duty

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Thanks for the info, now i wanna tow with the 210.

·
773 Posts
I pick up my new traileer on tuesday, can't wait to pull it with the 275:thumbsup

·
176 Posts
Well I loaded the 210 today to go to work and.... Well I think the 150 might be shelved. The 210 was simple amazing. The fluid temps were a bit higher but it was 20deg warmer today then the last time I towed. Milage. Still dont care. Power. Smoooooooooth and managable with the throttle. ECT was 199-204 and EOT was 204-211. Tranny temps 157-169, and EGT's were lower then the 150 by 150deg. Why did I wait so long to pull with this tune?!!!
I have no idea why you waited so long..... :D. I ran the 120 tune for one 750 mile pull from Cleveland, OH to Atlanta, GA and then switched to the 210 tune and I've never look back. I believe the temps are a little lower because the EGR system is disabled.

In comparison I just made a 1875 mile pull from Atlanta to Atlantic City, NJ and then back to Atlanta with the truck completely stock. I was shocked at how hot it got and how it stayed there for most of the trip. On the highway I was running 73'ish on moderate ground and I'd easily see 1000-1200 EGT's. In fact I don't think it ever got below 900 degrees the entire trip on the highway. My ECT was 205-212, EOT was 207-213 and trans temp was 170-175. I guess the 6.4's just run a lot hotter then I expected.

Gerry

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
The EGR isnt shut off with the 210 tune. It still cycles.

·
176 Posts
Hummmm...... I thought the system was turned off but the valve still cycle so it doesn't get stuck open or closed.

·
773 Posts
I know that with the 275 it will cycle when in park but is turned off all other times, not sure if its off in any of the standard tunes......spartan?

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Have you ever watched your egt's when the truck is in regen? wow not cool LOL

I tow with the 275 and its great temps a very managable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts