The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to take my truck in for some warrenty work so how long are you guys putting yours back to stock before doing so. a few hundred miles? 2 or 3 regens? or in the parking lot? They will probably plug mine in so what are your thoughts?

thanks for any input

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is my understanding that 20 miles or so is enough time to clear the P1000's, which mean nothing by themselves. Take your battery terminals loose and reinstall them. That way they'll look like you did have the batteries loose for some reason in case they do ask. When asked why you had the batteries out simply tell them that you had them tested to make sure they were ok - perhaps one of the cell indicators wasn't as green as the other.. lol, make something up ;)

When I first installed my DPF delete I made sure to do it right after a regen.. that way things inside were cleaner for when I needed to go back to stock.

When I had to go back to stock for some TSB/recall work I put everything back to stock and drove it right to the dealer - no regen happened on the way there, probably 10 miles or so. I know they hooked it up for a flash update but mentioned nothing out of the ordinary.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Just as gahana said. If your concerned about a regen cycle. Put a couple of miles on the truck loaded with the 275 and the DPF installed. Then when you change the tune back to stock it should the truck will go into regen fairly quickly. The PCM only counts miles since last regen. The the amount of regen cycles. P1000 clears after a ful warm up cool down cycle.

Reactions: Hollywood

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have gone through about three tanks when I bring it in next week so that should be 2-3 regens and probably 30-50 key cycles

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Can't imagine doing all that work. I take mine in fully tunned (275) with the DPF delete pipe on and Soot all down both sides of the rear bumper and Dash Daq installed and running. The mechanics smile when I pull up and no one has ever mentioned a thing to me! They even plug my Dash Daq back in when they are done

·
95 Posts
Can't imagine doing all that work. I take mine in fully tunned (275) with the DPF delete pipe on and Soot all down both sides of the rear bumper and Dash Daq installed and running. The mechanics smile when I pull up and no one has ever mentioned a thing to me! They even plug my Dash Daq back in when they are done
Wow i wish i had a dealer like that around Mine had a hard time with a intake on the truck or i should say the machanics that work there do!:thumbdown

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Good dealerships are hard to find. The one in my area is great. I've had the truck in quite a few times for puking. Now that the gaskets have been replaced as well as new studs from elite. The dealership is going after ford for rental costs 2k+ and/or payments for 3mnths. THey now my truck is tuned too. Took the manager out for a rip last week and he couldnt wipe the grin off of his face. I think his 7.3 might be going up for sale.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
must be nice! But my thoughts are when I go In it will be head gaskets....... Not cheap and not a fault of being tuned so I cant take that chance

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I am stock again.... man I can't believe how much this sucks!! the throttle response is SO slow and I hate the way it sounds!! I really hope they find something when it goes in!!

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
get ahold of elite and order some studs:thumbsup

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were yours actually stretched?? or did the gasket jsut fail?

the dealers around here are NOT mod freindly, not even a CIA!! so I would have to be pretty damn sneaky to swap them when they aren't looking! lol

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
yeah I guess youmight have a prob there. My bolts did stretch. BUT. The studs are yield rated. Not torque rated. There is a certian amount of stretch in the stock studs from factory. Stupid set up I know. So you might be able to get them to throw the elite ones in because the original studs will not be the same length as the replacements. Just some food for thought.

I know with me they were happy to do it to keep the truck out of their shop.:LOL

The studs stretching didnt cause my puking. There was a small channel from the cylinder to the water jacket on the driverside head. You really had to look for it but it was there. Carbon residue gave it away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts