The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Skyjacker 4.5" lift kit, and I would like to go down to a 2" leveling kit. The kit I have uses 4.5" springs, new track bar and relocation bracket, control arms, dropped pitman arm, shocks, and dual steering stabilizers. I would like to use someones 2" springs, an adjustable track bar, and possibly a bracket. Does anybody know if the Skyjacker bracket will accept a 3rd Gen style adjustable track bar from somewhere like Thuren, Solid Steel, or Lorenz? I like the idea of eliminating the ball joint, but I am not opposed to using one if I have to. Basically, I need your suggestions on a track bar, springs, and shocks for a 2" leveling kit. I use my truck as a daily driver, so I want something that will ride smooth on the street. I emailed Don at Thuren and Russell at Solid Steel. Don has never seen the Skyjacker bracket I have, but I sent him pics and he will get back to me about how it will work with his bar.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it looks like the Thuren 0-3" adjustable second gen bar is the winner. Now, I just need to decide on some coils. Any suggestions for a soft ride coil spring?

·
3,514 Posts
The Carli springs are really nice. I have some friends that have the Carli 3" kits in their trucks and they ride really nicely.
Sean

·
Registered
86 Posts
what did you do with your old lift?

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing yet, but the springs, pitman arm, trackbar and bracket, and possibly add-a-leaves will be for sale.

·
Registered
86 Posts
how much would you want for it all? is it a coil lift?

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
dang i wouldnt mind me a set of springs vs the spacers i have on my stock springs....

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NukleusX said:
dang i wouldnt mind me a set of springs vs the spacers i have on my stock springs....
Coils are definitely a better way to go:Thumbup:

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
indeed they are, but GotDiesel? has first dibs as he asked before I did. If he doesnt end up taking things, I'll really consider taking them off your hands- I have pretty much the same height lift those springs are for (though different lift manufacturer)....

i couldnt afford a kit with springs when i did my lift so i did what i could afford and have hopes to someday have springs-

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK. KORE coils or Carrier Spring coils?

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
wait, are you asking who id go to for the coils? if so, more than likely carli- they are better priced than kore and the customer service is top notch. not to mention, they are very close to me location wise.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Asking everyone. I looked on Carli's site, and did not see just coils listed.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Thats the part where you either call them (your case or anyone else not around here) or go in and talk to him/them yourself (mine and my buddies case). From all I have heard, they are some good people there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the carli springs are amazing thats what i have on my rig with the skyjacker lower control arm... the ride is really smooth...and for shocks i run the pro comp es 9000 series...but a set of nitro charged shocks would be sweet

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why the lower only?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts