The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going through the truck i just bought and in the back of the glove box under paper was a gold flat thing that says superchips on it with a contection on the back. writen on the front in a marker is PMT3 CARB. EZT (may be E2T) any clue if this is for this truck? Where does it go?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most likely it is for your truck. The only way to tell is to check the computer code on your computer. Mine had one installed when I bought my truck. The chip plugs into the computer down under the dash behind where your e-brake pedal is.

If you look down there you should be able to see the computer, up on the side. You should be able to see where it would plug in. The CARB written on it i think means its a 60hp program. I'm not sure.

If you decide to plug it in make sure the keys are NOT in the ignition. Take the keys out, plug in the chip, then put the keys in and try starting the truck. If it doesn't start then the chip isn't programmed for your truck.

Just always be sure the keys are out of the ignition when installing/removing the chip. I would also recommend not running the chip without installing some gauges first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh, and the PMT3 is the computer code the chip is programmed for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts