The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
is here and there.
Joined
·
10,573 Posts
takes off clear coat and paint very nicely doesn't it? :poke:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
706 Posts
fordt said:
Goo-Gone - Don't use it on your truck :damnit


:pointlaugh
It sounds more like a product Bill Clinton should have used to clean a certain someones dress,than for a truck cleaner.:pointlaugh
 

·
Upside Swordfish
Joined
·
1,917 Posts
doesnt it say not to use on paint LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
Thats Wayne for ya! LOL LOL :poke:
 

·
SLAPS President
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
prfssr said:
GOO


Thats why he used "goo gone" :shrug: LOL LOL LOL LOL
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That is funny!!

Ya know, the funny thing is, the instructions that came with my Billet Badges stated to use Goo Gone......... I didn't have any, so I improvised with some WD-40. Sounds like I should be thankful I didn't have the Goo Gone............
 

·
Mod Friendly Title
Joined
·
2,695 Posts
Hmmm... I've used Goo-Gone Extreme on a small spot on my paint once without any issues.... :shrug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
Ford's paint is notoriously very hard. You should've noticed that when you did your initial polish sometime back. Lots of work to get it right. But it stays that way for a long time once it's done.

Not so certain about GM's paint.

prt
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
plainredtruck said:
Ford's paint is notoriously very hard. You should've noticed that when you did your initial polish sometime back. Lots of work to get it right. But it stays that way for a long time once it's done.

Not so certain about GM's paint.

prt
GM's paint sucks. Its just thick enough to color the truck.
 

·
Mod Friendly Title
Joined
·
2,695 Posts
TheBac said:
GM's paint sucks. Its just thick enough to color the truck.
Don't forget, more orange peel than a produce stand... LOL
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
personally ive never used it. I have plenty of tools at work made to remove adhesives. However, i know plenty of people who have used it with success especially in the motorcycle club i belong to. Its good to know others have experienced negative results , ill pass that on to them.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At our store here in PA. I checked and we sell small bottles of Goo-Gone, and it says to use it to remove sap from car paint :eek:
 

·
SLAPS President
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
fordt said:
At our store here in PA. I checked and we sell small bottles of Goo-Gone, and it says to use it to remove sap from car paint :eek:
Well Wayne, if it takes the paint off, it will surely take the sap with it!!!!!!!!:poke: :poke: LOL LOL LOL
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top