The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am buying a 2002 2500 slt 4x4 with 100k on it for 12500. i was woundering if this was a fair price. from what i know of the cummins i think it is but i figured i get someother imput. its a quad cab long bed with the 6spd. has a luk clutch in it, tst stacked with edge for timing, hot rod vp 44 pump, i believe a HTB2 turbo, afe magnum intake, banks big horn intake elbow, 150hp injectors. i believ thats it but might be missing something.

not new to the diesel world just got tired of all the 6leakers problems so i coming over the the darkside. and this truck is fast raced him alot and i have no chance keeping up with him:usflag

·
214 Posts
It sounds like a heck of a deal:thumbsup

·
Ghost
628 Posts
i am buying a 2002 2500 slt 4x4 with 100k on it for 12500. i was woundering if this was a fair price. from what i know of the cummins i think it is but i figured i get someother imput. its a quad cab long bed with the 6spd. has a luk clutch in it, tst stacked with edge for timing, hot rod vp 44 pump, i believe a HTB2 turbo, afe magnum intake, banks big horn intake elbow, 150hp injectors. i believ thats it but might be missing something.

not new to the diesel world just got tired of all the 6leakers problems so i coming over the the darkside. and this truck is fast raced him alot and i have no chance keeping up with him:usflag

It's a great price if it's in good condition and the mods haven't messed up the engine. NV5600s can eat up clutches and I'm not sure if LUKs can handle the power that thing is making.

If it was bone stock, in good condition and a SLT of some sort it'd really be a great deal, but that's my opinion. IMO, mods decrease the value of a truck.*

*Unless it's a 6.7 with a EGR & DPF delete. That increases the value for me.

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the condition of the body is good and the mods haven't hurt the motor much. i know what you mean about mods decreasing the value but its a close friend of mine that is selling it and i know how he takes care of it. he's got it set up so twins can be added down the road with a few minor upgrades like studs and fireringing the head etc. he's getting into car hauling and is getting a 4500 sterling.

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and it is an slt

·
214 Posts
Car hauling? I wish him luck on that one.

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont really know what he's doing but am sure that he's not jumping into it without knowing what he's doing. in other words he's not going to spend the money he is going to if he isn't going to make some. and have i mentioned i cann't wait to get it because that 6.0 p.o.s. i have right now was designed by complete idiots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts