·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
525 Posts
Interesting whose simulator they used:

AVL

AVL FIRE® - Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for Conventional and Alternative Powertrain Development

AVL FIRE® is a powerful multi-purpose thermo-fluid dynamics software with a particular focus on handling fluid flow applications related to internal combustion engines and powertrains.
AVL Solution

We provide CFD software tailored to meet the requirements of automotive research and development teams: fast and easy to use with adjustable modeling depth, user extendable, ready for integration in your CAx environment – specialized in accurate prediction of the most demanding flow problems in respect to geometric complexity and chemical and physical modeling.
Your Benefits

AVL FIRE® offers a comprehensive computational fluid dynamics solution: apowerful set of modules, features and capabilities, pre-and post-processing integrated in a common environment and workflows and methods effectively supporting the use of the software to solve any problem accurately.

John, I have the SAE paoer ... if you need a peek.

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Did you notice the commentary at the bottom?

·
229 Posts
Did you notice the commentary at the bottom?
I know! It's hilarious when the enviro moon-bats try to be logical. Trouble is, many people who actually believe this way get into positions where they pass laws that make no sense either. For now though, I'll enjoy my truck, trailer, ATV's & motorcycles and the great outdoors at the same time. See? It is possible!

·
120 Posts
I test drove one of these 6.7L F-350's. Damn that engine is impressive.

·
Banned
713 Posts
That is a good read. Wonder if they willl figure out why it can't hang with a Duramax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts