The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a manufacturer making a gooseneck trailer that will work with a lifted truck?

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
Most of them have an adjustable neck. Both of ours have em. Our dodge dually sits higher in the rear than one of our Superduty's so we adjust it between them. I'm assuming your asking for your truck with the 8"...that is gonna be tough the proper angle on the trailer and still be able to go over bumps and stuff. Maybe someone will chime in that has experience with a lift that tall.

Reactions: BulldogDad

·
149 Posts
Some trailer manuf. sell a "high neck" trailer. Not sure if they were designed for lifted trucks, but they will work. I think originally they were for service body trucks.
This is the only way that I know of to really make this work. fordt has it perfect. You still need to get the hitch high enough to clear the bed rails and the tail gate. Adjusting the standard neck coupler will help but, if you want your load to ride level the "high neck" trailer is the only way to go.

LT.

·
2,126 Posts
Guy around here had a custom built trailer that he measured and made for his truck which is lifted like 8".

·
2,106 Posts
That's the route I am going when I build my construction trailer cause I plan on lifting my truck. But, I am going to be building the trailer so no probs.

·
1,445 Posts
i think ther are lift kits for trailers but i dont no about 8" lifts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of trailer are you looking for?
Flatbed too pull a vehicle or small building with.

Custom build.
Custom build means custom money, not sure I can swing that.

Guy around here had a custom built trailer that he measured and made for his truck which is lifted like 8".
All i have to do is finish my other 75 projects and learn to weld. I'd love to be able to do this but it really isn't practical for me.

·
2,106 Posts
Find a trailer that is up to the job at hand... Take it to a welding shop, and have them raise the gooseneck up higher.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
Good luck. I know both of my horse trailers were uncomfortably close to the bedrails on my STOCK 2000 DRW 2 wheel drive. I actually ended up smacking the corner of the bed right above the tail light when i was doing some crazy maneuvering.

and if your buying a NEW trailer it shouldn't cost THAT much more to get one made in a way that its actually USEFUL behind you truck. just throwing that out there

·
5 Posts
Alot of trailer manufacturers offer an option for a "6 inch taller riser neck" this should clear. You can talk to a salesman for the trailer of your choice and they could probably order one with a taller neck. Im currently looking at a PJ trailer with a 6" taller riser.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts