The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Semper Fi
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I bought my truck pre-chipped but the owner described to me he lost the programmer in a flood. the truck was chipped with superchips 1705. I was wondering if I purchased a new 1705 would it read the trucks program? and would I be able to change it? I'm sure I can't change it back to stock.. but would I be able to exchange between performance,tow etc.?

·
1,787 Posts
They discontinued that model and went to the updated cortex programmer. If you can give me till friday afternoon I think I still have my old 1705.:thumbsup I'll check on the shipping if it's the right one.. Anything to help a fellow Coon Arze out of a bind....:happymugs. Where are you in Louisiana?? My family is in Gonzales...
Clay

·
833 Posts
send your PCM off to be reflashed at DP-tuner or your stealer can do it for you so you'll be able to get it back to stock.

the SC 1705 that crawfish has will only work if it has a "stock" program to download back to the PCM which it likely does not.

·
1,787 Posts
BJS You are correct sir, :happymugs...My programmer does not have the stock program to go back to his pcm.... Didn't think about that while trying to help. They (the dealer or others) can reflash the pcm for you. And if you'd like to stay with that type of programmer, I'll give you the one I have to keep, then you find the one you want...It's still good I just went to DP-Tuner's F-6 chip.

·
Semper Fi
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BJS You are correct sir, :happymugs...My programmer does not have the stock program to go back to his pcm.... Didn't think about that while trying to help. They (the dealer or others) can reflash the pcm for you. And if you'd like to stay with that type of programmer, I'll give you the one I have to keep, then you find the one you want...It's still good I just went to DP-Tuner's F-6 chip.
appreciate it crawfish, I'm in Destrehan right by laplace. yeah sending the pcm to DP sounds good.. I always wanted DP tune anyways. how do can I get in touch with them?

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
just get a dp tuner anyways. I was kinda in the same boat. I bought my truck used from stearler with superchip TOW on it now have f5 with n/s stock 1800 idle 80hp tow HA 80 hp econo 100hp perf.

·
Semper Fi
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts