The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my SCT looney tune in the truck and my friend wants to race. He got a 03 6.0 with a bully dog. Well I got beat. He just walks away from me. He don't blow past me but walks away pretty good. What gives? Also I am only seeing 20 psi of boost?

J

·
0 Posts
Robinhood said:
Well I got my SCT looney tune in the truck and my friend wants to race. He got a 03 6.0 with a bully dog. Well I got beat. He just walks away from me. He don't blow past me but walks away pretty good. What gives? Also I am only seeing 20 psi of boost?
I know for a fact my Performance tune is faster than the EXTREME tune on my Superchips. maybe too much fuel slows them down....:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Bully toones are good for power, but they have little clue what else should be changed in the PCM to keep the engine and trans alive over the long haul.

SCT tunes provide the best compromize between power and durability of the truck.

Also, if you have SMOKE, you are wasting fuel that was not made into power. There may be a problem with your truck's emission system that is causing you to be low on power. It could be as simple as a stuck EGR valve or boost leak.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
or the tune could need to be tweeked
the 6.0 with a hot tune should make closer to 30 psi
robert

·
6,337 Posts
I would start looking for a boost leak... I would bet you will find one!

·
Registered
119 Posts
20lbs doesnt sound right i see 30-34lbs on my 03

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
yeah somthing is defintly wrong, your truck should see alot more then 20lbs, plus I know for a fact that bullydogs dont make sct power.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
sounds like you have a bad turbo or an EGR problem. seen both these issues on friends trucks, one had 3000 miles on it and the turbo had to be replced by ford, the other had a bad EGR. they sure do keep my dad busy at work tho.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
yeah somethings up, how much boost did you see stock? we see 33 or so with our looney tune in the 2004

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I know for a fact that my up pipe is cracked. Also I take out the SCT and I see 25 psi of boost stock

·
Registered
38 Posts
the people that owned my truck be4 me really babyed it around and sum what pluged the egr valve and when i got my hands on it and statred romping on it, the egr valve got pluged compleatly up....it would spew black somke, and run really weird and wouldent go any where so i took it to the nearest dealer, they put in a new egr valve and said if i had any more problems to just unplug the egr valve. so 1 day i decided to unplug the egr valve to see what it would do and computer would not allow the turbo to boost more than 20 psi.

so what im trying to say is check and make sure ur egr valves electrical connections are clean and connected correctly and see tht it does.

·
342 Posts
You have a problem somewhere if those boost numbers are correct.

·
963 Posts
He said he knew he had a cracked up pipe....won't that affect boost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts