The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Last weekend I rebuilt my injectors to stg 1's and drove it all week. All I can say is WOW!!. Coupled with my DP tuner it is crazy.
I think I had a couple bad o-rings because it used to give me some white smoke but not anymore.
Power wise the truck is like a new truck. It will boost more than I could ever get before even on my 140 agressive. I can get 35 without much trouble.
My only concern is this..I haven't gotten a 17' or adrenalin pump yet. So far I cannot get any lghts to come on but my idle is rougher. It probably helps that I have a crossover line.
I notive that in my 60 TOW setting I can get a lot of smoke. Enough to engulph the car behind me. Almost as much as 100 and 140 agg. Seems like too much for a towing setting. The egt's can get up there pretty fast too. Now I pretty much keep to the stock setting which seems nice for driving and economy.
Do I just need the pump or do I also need to have the chip reflashed? I told Jody that I planned on STG 1's when I got it a year ago.

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
Well, you told Jody that you were going to run stage 1's, but if he didn't program your chip at that point, then I would think that you would need to send it back in to get it re-flashed to run those injectors properly. I would call call or email him to see if it's your programing.

·
812 Posts
if you are not setting any CELs i would wait till you need the new pump. you might what to think about an intercooler as well to keep EGTs down.

·
6,337 Posts
Intercooler and remove the 10k...

You might look at a 1.00 housing for the turbo, altho I am a fan of the 1.15 housing, if your getting alot of smoke with those stage 1's a 1.00 housing might help.

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually do not have the 10k anymore. I need to update my signature. I am running the factory 1.15 housing and that is what is reccomended with stg 1 injectors for volume. The 1.0 would actually make things hotter.
I am looking for an intercooler to put in and I will make my own piping if I have to.
I will pm Jody sometime and see what his response is.
Thanks guys.

·
6,337 Posts
I actually do not have the 10k anymore. I need to update my signature. I am running the factory 1.15 housing and that is what is reccomended with stg 1 injectors for volume. The 1.0 would actually make things hotter.
I am looking for an intercooler to put in and I will make my own piping if I have to.
I will pm Jody sometime and see what his response is.
Thanks guys.
If your having High EGT's it could be a spool up issue... thats why I recomended the 1.00 housing. I cant see why you would be having issues with stage 1's unless there is something else wrong.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
If your having High EGT's it could be a spool up issue... thats why I recomended the 1.00 housing. I cant see why you would be having issues with stage 1's unless there is something else wrong.
It's not intercooled, so no matter what until that changes it's going to get hot with stage 1's.

·
6,337 Posts
It's not intercooled, so no matter what until that changes it's going to get hot with stage 1's.

I know that, but I have swapped AD's in several OBS trucks and they did not have EGT issues with normal tunes, now a race tune is something else...

AD's are about the same size as most stage 1's...

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Did you rebuild the injectors yourself? :thumbsup

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you rebuild the injectors yourself? :thumbsup
Yepper. :thumbsupIt took me about a days of time to rebuild them and the entire weekend to do everything. I actually picked up my intensifier pistons from DIY personally sinse I live an hour away.
Besides,,,It gave me a reason to take the 08' for a trip. LOL:haha

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Cool.. how hard were they to do?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
thad did you get that posi in? also have you looked into water/meth inj? it would help untill you get an intercooler i love mine even with an intercooler

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once I did one it was not too bad. Organization and cleanliness is the ticket.
Luckily I am really patient and good with intracate parts from building models so it was a piece of cake compared to what I expected.
Sadly, I have not gotten the posi in yet because of other projects that have taken time. Though I need it more now than ever. And I am glad to say that I just won an intercooler, pipes, and hoses on ebay. I will be picking them up this weekend.
The EGT's get up there pretty quick on a couple settings. I can get 1200 real quick. And the smoke is great. :thumbsup:haha:happymugs

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
well keep me posted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts