The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had my truck for a week and a half. It took 3 days to get the injectors to the dealer. It runs alot smoother at idel and when your in it. They didnt charge me a thing and looks like they did a nice job. I actually have to give the dealer a :Thumbup: . The truck seems slugish on take off but if you push the pedal it has its power back. I think im use to having all the GOODIES (programmer\lift pump\...) installed that it just seems slugish on take off. All my ballence rates are great with in .05 of each other. My oil pressure is alot better . At 70mph it runs about 70-73psi Idel it is 30-35 psi. Not bad but i did loose a few psi at idel i guess from driving with thin oil. Friday i will have all the accessories back on and am giving it a good test on sunday . I have to move some large equipment on the 34' flat. So we will see.

Thanks to everyone for advice and my truck thanks you to . :bow: :woot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey was there fuel in the oil pan? Hope ya did a flush. I ran the truck (5500 TopKick) for 3 weeks waiting for GM to replace the injectors,(backordered)Darn near killed the engine, with fuel in the oil, had to change it once every week waiting. But then again it was a work truck running about 3500 miles per week. Glad to hear you got yours all worked out, and thanks for the extra warranty GM gave us.(a BIT LATE I MIGHT ADD)

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
Stacked6600 said:
My oil pressure is alot better . At 70mph it runs about 70-73psi Idel it is 30-35 psi.

if that is fully warmed up, it is high. What is it in the morning, cold?

I have never seen any early gen d-max over 60 psi, straight up, when when coolant is warm, @2000 rpm. Heavy oil? Just here to help.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
My truck at idle is 45 hot and pegged when I get into it even a slight bit. I have Valvoline 15-40. Wish they had put Blue in the pan, but this is good enough for the first 10K to see if anything leaks.

Tony

BTW, these are the same pressures I was seeing when I first bought the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts