The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from dj and loaded in the econ tune and holy crap! talk about nucking futs! this truck is scarey to drive past 2500 rpms. the only complaint i have with this product is that it seems my tire useage is going to go way up and now and i will have to buy new tires more often as i smoke em at every red light :evil: trans shifts are very firm and truck feels wayyyy different. this is a great product and i highly recommend you buy it from dj. great customer service, prompt pm replies (thanks chris) and overall great service. cant wait to get the looney tune :pshyco: now i gotta go find some imports :squish

·
Registered
119 Posts
SCT is the best thing you can do to a 6.0 congrats on the tuner....

·
2,821 Posts
:iagree SCT is an amazing addition to these trucks. I know I love mine. Chris

·
963 Posts
You said you loaded the economy tune...while it has more power than stock...it isn't the real fun one...

Have you loaded Looney...It puts a smile from ear to ear on my face everytime I have it loaded...the wife doesn't like it as much though, because I'll stoplight race everybody.

:woot:

Ray

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
the Looney is the Best, its real nice firm shifting and it shifts perfect everytime at 4000 rpms.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Excellent! Seems I always read good things about DJ. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
LokiWolf said:
the wife doesn't like it as much though, because I'll stoplight race everybody.
My wife hates that too. I race everybody and she says it hurts her neck once the turbo lights and we are off. I gotta admit it is a bit snappy...LOL

·
963 Posts
I don't have gauges...you can use it...just don't stay in the GO Fast pedal all of the time. Driving it easy light on the throttle you will have no issues...pretty much the same as the Street tune. The difference is when you get on it.

Gauges are recommended, but not absolutely necessary. Mine are sitting in my Garage waiting for time and the right weather to install.

Loki

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Don't think gauges are mandatory if you upgrade the stock exhaust to a better flow thru muffler at the very least.... and don't tow 100K pounds up 10% grades for an hour :)

none of my 02, 03 05 ex's have had gauges and they all ran/run fine...

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Logan said:
Nooooooooooooooo. You need guages if nothing else.
Our looney's are very safe while driving around. It is safe to use at the track while drag racing. If you are pulling 20K up a 5% grade, it is not safe but then again, we don't suggest that with anybody's tunes, with or without gauges. Gauges are an option, not a necessity.

DJ :evil:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about headstuds? i thought you at least want that with the looney? maybe ill get the looney for summer...

·
Registered
180 Posts
So you guys like the Xcal programmer what should my buddy do? He had the old SCT programmer a while ago, then Ford reflashed his 03 truck to a different tune now his programmer dosen't work. So he returned his programer he bought from his buddy now he wants a new one, he asked me about the BullyDog tuner I told him save his money. Will the Xcal2 work with out a code?

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Six_leaker said:
How much RWHP are you guys making with the looney tune?
Depends on the year, depends on the code but over 400hp.

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
oh3_6oh said:
what about headstuds? i thought you at least want that with the looney? maybe ill get the looney for summer...
As far as headstuds, sooner or later you are going to need them. These trucks when pulling heavy weight, without a tuner, stretch the headbolts, thereby making the headgaskets leak and the EGR cooler also pops; with or without programs. It all depends on how you drive your truck. If you get up in the morning and hammer it until you go to bed at night, you're looking for trouble, even stock. Our looneys are safe. We'll give you the most power that you feel comfortable with.

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Trapper said:
So you guys like the Xcal programmer what should my buddy do? He had the old SCT programmer a while ago, then Ford reflashed his 03 truck to a different tune now his programmer dosen't work. So he returned his programer he bought from his buddy now he wants a new one, he asked me about the BullyDog tuner I told him save his money. Will the Xcal2 work with out a code?
If he wants to work with his Xcal1, he can send it to a tuner to load tunes. If he wants to buy an Xcal2 he can receive a blank box and load tunes from his email or give the tuner his PCM code:

Here are instructions for the simplest way to get to the code:

Facing the truck it's on the right behind the battery. Remove the battery cover. Remove three plugs on that shiny thing which is your PCM. Remove two 10mm bolts. Remove PCM and turn it upside down. There's a little sticker that shows three letters and a number, i.e. YRE2, DAX0, TBS7, BKG9. That is your computer code/tear tag. We suggest you place the sticker on the right hand side of the PCM so you can always see it, in case you forget.

·
Registered
180 Posts
DJ would you know if Ford flashed it would they stay with the same alfa family and just changed it to a different numeral version like the NVK2 to a NVK5 (7.3 as an example). I will try to look at his PCM today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts