The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man my truck is a rocket now.

I have seen guys say that the tunes really wake up your truck.

Man, they werent kidding. :smoke

Im very happy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yea man I think I am going to go with tadds toons(sct) instead of the dp. I have heard from many people that they are very close and I like the idea of not putting a chip in my truck.It would suck to have to take it right back out and have my truck down when I get a different mod to get it retuned.

·
6,337 Posts
Chip or SCT its your choise... I prefer the chip for the shift on the fly!

·
Registered
596 Posts
DP offers the XCALII as well. I prefer the chip so I can change on the fly. I also can have more programs than the tuner allows, and I do.

Both Tadd and DP have good tunes. I went with DP after talking to several tuners and many hours of reading posts all over the Internet. Jody has done a lot of engine testing which was important to me as I have PMR's and won't pull the engine down just to change rods - at least not until the engine wears out.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
They both have done some very intensive engine testing. I know for a fact that Tadd did and still does tons of it. Heck , he did a ton on mine, and I know he spent many long hours at night running different tunes on the Dyno, and doing CP testing and all kinds of stuff (wires hooked up to his computer and such.)

·
Registered
189 Posts
snowaholic said:
They both have done some very intensive engine testing. I know for a fact that Tadd did and still does tons of it. Heck , he did a ton on mine, and I know he spent many long hours at night running different tunes on the Dyno, and doing CP testing and all kinds of stuff (wires hooked up to his computer and such.)

Is it true that tadd and jody use to be partners(spell)? But they just went there own ways?

·
504 Posts
I believe that Jody and Tony Wildman used to be partners.

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i got the 6 position chip.

when i jump in it in the morning, i throw it on the warm up setting.

let it sit for a few..... then crank it up ! :smoke

·
Registered
189 Posts
444turbodiesel said:
Tadd split from ATS
o is that what it was? you gotta do what you gotta do

·
Registered
38 Posts
So between the DP Tuner and the Tadds when it comes down to the Tranny which is easier and safer, I know Tadds with the SCT you can work with it and set shift points right? what about Jody's chip on the tranny.

·
Registered
596 Posts
You can change more parameters with a chip than with a programmer like the SCT. A chip will be better than a SCT, regardless who wrote the programs. Not saying that the SCT isn't good, but a chip is better. I like havening the ability to quickly change programs and do it on the fly, so I scrapped the SCT and went with a chip and wish I would have done it long ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts