The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any program to bypass the factory governor shut off on the speedometer, i believe it is around 105.

·
1,224 Posts
What is the governed rpm of the 6.7? I have seen over 3500

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at my edge at my max rpm that it has hit was 3541, half drunk one night in a hurry, but on the other hand I had this lancer that thought he would be cute right so he was very shocked to see a big red fender at his drivers door and once we hit 105 the truck just pulled back and governed back, but he was extremely shocked at the big red machine!

·
1,224 Posts
I have seen my 3500+ rpm in reverse:D. I get in spots where I have to back up a ways and reverse in the auto is geared to low for long reverse drives, needs a overdrive :thumbsupin reverse. My 99 gasser was probably 3 times faster in reverse

·
Registered
76 Posts
some of the programmers will alter the speed governor. most if not all of the bully dog line does. superchips does. edge does not. i have a bully dog power pup e3 that i bought for changing the speed limiter and tire size. It has only one mild tune (50hp, 100ft/lb), or you can run it stock. didn't want any more power through a device that advances timing due to running the edge/attitude also. that does suck though hitting that limiter. my truck will hit that thing hard and fast. now it can just run right through it.:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts