Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the grill gutter mod???

LargeCar :) :shrug: :)

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Take a look at this installation pics http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rumormill2002/album?.dir=711f&

You just cut/bend the gutter guards to fit on the back of the grill. It keeps all the bugs/birds from getting it and hitting the radiator. You can pick the gutter guard up at lowes for about 5-6 bucks and you will have more than enough to do your entire grill.

*on edit*
I am not sure how it will look on the '05 & '06 grill. These grills had something stopping anything from hitting the radiator while the older models didn't have anything at all. I could stick my hand straight back through the grill and touch my radiator fins.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
You can also paint the gutter guard what ever color that you prefer before you install it. I painted mine black and the paint is holding up very well.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks guys, just had not heard of it til now. Don't think the 06' needs it, it has a different style that seems to stop the big stuff. But if I get to many bugs I may look into the mod a little more.

LargeCar :) LOL :)

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
Great that is the honeycomb grill style I was looking for. That will work great.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
I use PL brand Polyurethane Premium Construction adhesive to hold the metal to the plastic. It works great and is made to bond the metal and plastic together. Most of the liquid nail brand stuff says not to use it on plastic.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
any interest in typing up a how to for this mod with pics??? I just did another grill for my truck and I took pics throughout the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts