The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very often talked about subject on here so I figured I would type this up and let everyone know how to do this on there superdutys.

You will need 1 pack of gutter guard from lowes, tin snips, PL brand Polyurethane Premium Construction Adhesive. You can paint the gutter guard or leave it as it is. I painted mine and have had it on for about 6 months now and it is just like new. I just did another grill and painted the grill and gutter guard black to match my truck. I also used a dremel to cut the plastic out of each end of the grill so that the whole grill looks identical.

1. Cut/bend the gutter guard to fit over the back of each opening of the grill.

2. After you get them all bent just lay them down and put glue around all sides.

3. I use weights to hold the metal down and keep it in place while the glue dries. I let mine dry hour about 12-14 hours.

If you decide to paint yours like i did. I just used Krylon Fusion paint. I painted the grill and gutterguard seperate. After I let them both dry overnight I glued the gutterguard to my grill. My grill is holding up very well for right now, and I am very pleased with it.

These pics are step by step so you can tell exactly how I did everything. Hope this helps someone out there. Good Luck. :Thumbup:

Attachments

·
whistling up a storm
254 Posts
bigger pics anywhere? the thumbnails linik to same size pics.

Thanks

·
6,337 Posts
Yes help me out... Bigger pic's???LOL

·
6,337 Posts
Did mine last night...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts