The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very often talked about subject on here so I figured I would type this up and let everyone know how to do this on there superdutys.

You will need 1 pack of gutter guard from lowes, tin snips, PL brand Polyurethane Premium Construction Adhesive. You can paint the gutter guard or leave it as it is. I painted mine and have had it on for about 6 months now and it is just like new. I just did another grill and painted the grill and gutter guard black to match my truck. I also used a dremel to cut the plastic out of each end of the grill so that the whole grill looks identical.

1. Cut/bend the gutter guard to fit over the back of each opening of the grill.

2. After you get them all bent just lay them down and put glue around all sides.

3. I use weights to hold the metal down and keep it in place while the glue dries. I let mine dry hour about 12-14 hours.

These pics are step by step so you can tell exactly how I did everything. Hope this helps someone out there. Good Luck.:Thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
it looks pretty sweet this should be a tech arcticle

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was thinking this should become a sticky so that future members could read this and see exactly how to do the mod

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
put it in the tech arcticles section

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
HH what paint did u use for the grill? Im thinking about painting my 05 grill black.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
im not sure what he used but i will reccomend that krylon fusion plastic paint for some reason that stuff just sticks to plastic real good

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
DBogo said:
im not sure what he used but i will reccomend that krylon fusion plastic paint for some reason that stuff just sticks to plastic real good

Its crome over plastic does that change things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts